Schmelke sneaky-3mos. in-.............

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I just picked up a Schmelke sneaky yesterday for $30 and I can honestly say I love the way it hits. I actually like it better than my McD with a GCore.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a Schmelke snaky in yesterday. Ordered a few weeks ago, nothing special, 5/16x18 pin and 12.5mm shaft. I paid $128 for the cue, a cheap soft case, tax and shipping. Really impressed with what I got for th price. Nicely made and finished, feels and plays great. Points are very even which I wasn’t really expecting on an inexpensive cue like this.

This is my second Schmelke order, last one was two years ago and it was very custom and wasn’t delivered as I requested so I just returned it. Glad I gave them another shot as this cue is much more impressive than my first one.

It’s so nice I almost feel bad using it for the purpose I bought it for....to toss in my car and leave in there all time regardless of temps. Would never do with my higher end cues but figured for $100 it’d be worth it to me to always have something decently playable with me.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
garczar,

New to the forum. I have two Schmelkes. One with joint #1 and one with joint #2.
Simple cues. One Rosewood and one Bocota.

Hey, I can't really tell the difference, in the joints. The joint 1 is a hard hit they say. What does that mean?
Sorry to ask such a beginner question but I see you know this stuff.
Good Stick

Welcome to AzB. Nothing wrong with either or any joint. In the dark the difference is undetectable. If the cue works it works. Maybe a pro can feel the difference. But the average Joe...I challenge them.

GoodStick

Registered
Gold Crown,

I view you as the voice of reason on this forum, and appreciate your reply to my
question on the "joint style" on Schmelke cues. It appears that many on this forum view the cue
as the answer to shooting a good stick. I know it's time on the table and persistence.

Again, thank you!

Last edited:

GoodStick

Registered
Wisconsin Visit

Slide 13

Schmelke is in Rice Lake Wisconsin. Sounds like a great road Trip. Can you give a first hand report if you visit? Thanks!:thumbup:

Last edited:

GoodStick

Registered
My Schmelke Story,

The first cue I bought 22 years ago as a reward to myself for making it out of Graduate School at Columbia University was a Schmelke. I created it from scratch. It's a simple cue - Rosewood butt with a black/white wrap and a white pearl butt cap. A great cue and they even worked on it when it went a bit out of round on the butt. A fabulous job. This was after I had it for 20 years!

The second Schmelke I bought for my Dad. Even more simple with Bocote wood with the Schmelke brass joint. After he passed, his second wife sent it my way. It's about 20 years old and this is the one I have been playing with most, after I had David Schmelke rework it with the same combination as my Grad School cue.

With both Cues I shipped them to the shop and they worked on them and returned them just how I wished. My Dad's cue was a bit tricky adding a butt cap and I requested a Schmelk Logo and it was flawless. The wrap was excellent. I am very pleased with the work. The cost was very reasonable.

It's great having a company work with it's customers on such a personal basis and long after they made the cue.

GoodStick

Registered
Sound(bad), feedback(none), weight(too much). Get either 3/8x10, G10 or the 5/16x18(Meucci-style joint). Any of them is better than that chunk of metal joint.
This is as honest as it gets! I appreciate it. Next time I will take both to the clubhouse and see
if I can "feel" the difference.