Schmelke Cues..... Again

ryanshea

Dreamer of dreams
Forgot to mention (because this mattered a whole lot to me), Schmelke also can customize the length of the cues, with up to 30" on the butt and 32" on the shaft for a minimal upcharge.

Jerry R

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As another data point, I am thoroughly impressed with what Schmelke produces at an affordable price. They will make custom modifications to shaft diameter, taper, ferrule, etc on their production cues for prices which do not gouge the customer. I've ordered a a cue, three shafts, and an extension from them and have been happy.

Part of the reason I went there is because I dropped off a Jacoby Hybrid partial shaft I bought that I wanted to put on my Ebony Schmelke...I about fell over when they said it would only cost $35 to have it tapped for my 3/8"-10 pin and a black collar installed and finished out to match my cue. BTW, when I ordered that Ebony cue from them they made it 31" long for me and I don't think there was even an extra charge. They had a blank that was long enough to do it so they did it... Once I get it back with the 32" shaft I'll have a 63" cue without the need for an extension.
I don't want to quote prices, but many times when I have called there they have made changes for free or much less than what the prices are on the web site.
I really want to try one of their Pie laminates, but they cant do that in a 32" so I went with the Jacoby.

Funny thing is I'll have a shaft that matches my butt for less than what I could have bought that shaft already finished for.

GoodStick

Registered
Based on the many positive things I've heard about Schmelke on this website I just ordered a R065 sneaky pete with cocobolo butt and points. Had it customized with a 3/8x10 joint and a black collar and it was still a total of $174.07 including shipping charges. I wouldn't even have known about Schmelke if it weren't for these forums, and I love sending some business to a small American cue company. I'll do a review when it arrives and I've played with it some.
Do Post some Pics when it comes in. Should be awesome !!!

GoodStick

Registered
Part of the reason I went there is because I dropped off a Jacoby Hybrid partial shaft I bought that I wanted to put on my Ebony Schmelke...I about fell over when they said it would only cost $35 to have it tapped for my 3/8"-10 pin and a black collar installed and finished out to match my cue. BTW, when I ordered that Ebony cue from them they made it 31" long for me and I don't think there was even an extra charge. They had a blank that was long enough to do it so they did it... Once I get it back with the 32" shaft I'll have a 63" cue without the need for an extension.
I don't want to quote prices, but many times when I have called there they have made changes for free or much less than what the prices are on the web site.
I really want to try one of their Pie laminates, but they cant do that in a 32" so I went with the Jacoby.

Funny thing is I'll have a shaft that matches my butt for less than what I could have bought that shaft already finished for.
How about some pics.... I would love to see the ebony !

Last edited:

GoodStick

Registered
Very cool of the Schmelke to replace the cue. The only response I got from a cue maker when I asked about the warp mine developed was "buy a new one". I followed his advice and bought one from McDermott :wink:
It's all true. Every word of it. Thanks for posting

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Go ahead and take the plunge. It's all true !

I did, and they gave me a price on a finished butt, to my specs cheaper and much faster than I could have for a most basic fullsplice blanks!

Don't know why I waited so long,

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know for a fact, huh? I have two cues I keep around as a reminder that they don’t. They have had their share of horror stories as well. Anyone who wants to see the “quality workmanship” that can come out of the Schmelke plant can have a look at the two custom cues I ordered from them back in 2008.
I know for a fact of MY experience. Perhaps I talk to them in a different tone than you, or maybe it's my heavy, southern accent.

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve had the same cue for about 4 years. Great quality cue at a more than a fair price. Still rolls dead straight. The quality of their cues are comparable to some that are priced a lot higher. Outstanding people to deal with!