Collaboration Cues

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please share any pics of cues that have been created by two or more makers.

Hulsey/Southwest comes to mind, and I heard that Kenny Koo and Kenny Murrell might have done a cue together, any others????

hulsey sw.jpg

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Eric Crisp and Wes Hunter did one a few years ago. Photos are in the gallery some where. I seem to remember it being an Olive wood cue.

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thierri Layani and I did this one many moons ago.

5029-2.jpg

5029-4.jpg

5029-1.jpg

I could be waaaaaaay off, but I thought I remembered someone once telling me a story about some kind of 'collaboration' you did with Paul Fanelli. Or is my memory really that bad???

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Paul and I did cues with the same veneer colors. I remember sending him my veneers but the buyer thinks he sent me his.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Jerry Rauenzahn made me some of his nice fullsplice blanks and Kenny Murrell finished them;)
Kenny not made fullsplice and Jerry not have a CNC to made hundreds of same perfect inlays
Will show later some but one is in my Signature:thumbup:
I love when they work together:grin:
Ralf

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Here is one from a batch of Palmer full splice cues finished by Prather in 95. No collars, only 1 inlay in the butt of each, and one ring. I played with five out of a batch of twelve or so...each hits like a freight train...

Attachments

• IMAG0314.jpg
    IMAG0314.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,471
  • IMAG0307.jpg
    IMAG0307.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,453
  • IMAG0306.jpg
    IMAG0306.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,470
  • IMAG0304.jpg
    IMAG0304.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,461

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love collaboration cues

I have often put friends together to do something special like the Hulcy South west

I have had South west Mottey,Horn Southwest.Horn CraigPetersen,and some others

The thought of having something that rare excites me. I almost had Jerry and Barry do a few ,
I wish I had

The greatest or most famous were The ones Barry did of unfinished Gus...GSB

I had 3 or 4 of them but people jumped all over them

Another group of unfinished Mike Cochran/Tim Scruggs were finished by
Lorrie Franklin and Ron Haley and someone else

We donated the proceed of these to Mike's widow in a time of great loss

I have tried to buy back that South West/Scruggs?Cochran over and over

Eric at Shadowmoss now owns that beauty

Funny how easy these are to sell and how hard they are
to get back

There are many nice ones posted here,and each one represents something special to
each owner

I hope to see more posted
dean

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
Two big cues missing from this thread. First is The Haley/Schick and the other is the Richard Black/Thomas Wayne Ferrari cue.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was not uncommon for Bill McDaniel to have done some of the work on Tim Scruggs cues. They had a collaborative relationship from way back.

sannek

amateur for life
Silver Member
murrell/rauenzahn

just came across this thread and noticed ralf didn't post pictures: rauenzahn blank finished by murrell below. enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_4359.JPG
    IMG_4359.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 973
  • IMG_4360.jpg
    IMG_4360.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,133
  • IMG_4442.jpg
    IMG_4442.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 965
  • IMG_4461.jpg
    IMG_4461.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 962
  • IMG_4462.jpg
    IMG_4462.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,039

customcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Murrell/-R-

Collaboration cue from Jerry Rauenzahn who built the 6vener ebony/tulipwood fullsplice blank and Kenneth Murrell who finished it with the perfect execution I'm used to get from him. Thanks a lot for bringing this beauty alive.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
ORCA II is a tribute cue showcasing Stew Mortson's Design Masterpiece ORCA which was a spin off of the celebrated 8 Point Jaws cue that he created in Bert Schrager's Shop. "Jaws on Steroids and Human Growth Hormones".

This is a 12 Point Collaboration Cue I built as the cue maker 3 years ago and it was my first cue with inlays, 150 ivory inlays total.

Stew was the designer. His backward "S" moniker is revealed on the tail of Orca.

Ken Simonsen was the artist who created the art rendering inspired by Stew's cue inlay theme concerning the food chain from The Killer Whale to the bait fish.

Stew's original Orca and Orca II are still available for sale today for those who have deep pockets only! LOL

Here is a link for more photos and info in this cue:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=272988

Three Generations combining in a collaboration:

Stew and I
IMG_4697.jpg

Ken the Rockstar Cue Artist
IMG_4496.jpg

2D Artist's Rendering
get-attachmentaspx-8.jpg

Stew's Grandchild "Orca II" premiers almost 30 years after his Masterpiece "Orca" was started
IMG_4096-2.jpg

The man himself in 2012, Stew, a truly great designer and pantograph artist who operated behind the scenes in two Hall of Fame Cue Shops but managed to create his own cue design legacy understood and known to certain collectors and insiders within the industry. Still going strong today at 92 years young.
IMG_3986.jpg

Cue Art Pushing the Envelope
get-attachmentaspx-9.jpg

Last edited:

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Joel Hercek, Vigus, Shelby Williams

Mr. Hercek made the blank. I added some silver ribbon and Shelby will add his rings and finish out.

Attachments

• B097766E-2E8E-4DF9-907C-FA02B2010FF1.jpg
    B097766E-2E8E-4DF9-907C-FA02B2010FF1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 231

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The "Haleytree"... Eric Crisp and Ron haley collaboration.

Attachments

• Eric Ron Haleytree2.jpg
    Eric Ron Haleytree2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 169