Stupid things you see in a Pool hall

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
The one that kills me is the guy that puts his chalk between his feet , turns his pool cue upside down , places the tip in the chalk and then starts to spin the pool cue back and forth like he is going to to start a camp fire.

MMike

madmiller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Normally if you see someone like that it's a sure sign that he's a real mark. Just come up to him and ask to gamble.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
People sneaking in friends, and relatives because they want to beat the house out of a $2.70/DAY GUEST FEE. Or they don't feel the Guest Fee is fair!

Last edited:
People sneaking in friends, and relatives because they want to beat the house out of a $2.70/DAY GUEST FEE. Or they don't feel the Guest Fee is fair!

I've never heard of guest fees before. I haven't been to every pool hall, but I've been to many of them, and never a guest fee!!!!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
CC is probably talking about the social club where he goes to shoot pool.

I have seen people do that with chalk and do the same with a Willards shaper.

People who instead of using a rest, (every table where I go has 2), will flip the cue behind their back like they are trick shooters and are usually trying to impress a girl they are with. Use a rest man, unless you are pretty good at it, you will most likely miss.

Instead of putting the box or tray of balls on the table and take them out individually, bone heads will hold the tray at some height and dump them out on top of the table. I have seen the owner walk over and kick people out for that before the first rack is broken.

I seriously dislike abuse of equipment even if it isn't mine.

CC is probably talking about the social club where he goes to shoot pool.

I have seen people do that with chalk and do the same with a Willards shaper.

People who instead of using a rest, (every table where I go has 2), will flip the cue behind their back like they are trick shooters and are usually trying to impress a girl they are with. Use a rest man, unless you are pretty good at it, you will most likely miss.

Instead of putting the box or tray of balls on the table and take them out individually, bone heads will hold the tray at some height and dump them out on top of the table. I have seen the owner walk over and kick people out for that before the first rack is broken.

I seriously dislike abuse of equipment even if it isn't mine.

I actually have never been to a social club. I don't even know the purpose of one!

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Happy Gilmore break that ended with a chunk taken from the cloth, a very appologetic Happy Gilmore "enthusiast", a damaged break cue, an angry owner and a visit to the proctologist to remove said cue.

abbassi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw couple guys lift one end of the table every time a ball got stuck in the ball return.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Sounds like a good deal. Unfortunately, it wouldn't fly up here. Hard enuff to keep a real pool hall going.

I could see in certain geographical regions, you may have hundreds of non-playing guests loitering in the room, with no intention of purchasing anything.

At any pool room I have been to, this hasn't been a problem. But if I am coming in with no intention of playing, I always make sure to at least buy a drink or a snack!

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is such a one off deal with your retirement home... Not sure it conveys to the general pool world

Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have actually played with someone who will rotate his cue with 2 hands like a windmill when I am shooting, in my line of sight.

And he does it everytime.

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have actually played with someone who will rotate his cue with 2 hands like a windmill when I am shooting, in my line of sight.

And he does it everytime.

I would make fun of a guy every time for doing this

SchoolinU

Registered
How about when some dude's racking, and can't get the one ball to sit, so he grabs the cue ball and proceeds to hammer the one ball into the slate. Not a tap...tap..tap...but BANG BANG BANG. Very annoying, to me at least.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Three silly things that I have seen over the years:

1) Some people place the bridge on the floor or against the wall ater using it. I can't stand it when I check both sides of the table and can't find it.

2) You don't see this anymore, but I never much cared for it when a player played a shot with a cigarette in their mouth.

3) I also find it a bit ridiculous when a player takes several practice strokes at the table after they have already missed. After a miss, a player should go back to the chair.

Three silly things that I have seen over the years:

1) Some people place the bridge on the floor or against the wall ater using it. I can't stand it when I check both sides of the table and can't find it.

2) You don't see this anymore, but I never much cared for it when a player played a shot with a cigarette in their mouth.

3) I also find it a bit ridiculous when a player takes several practice strokes at the table after they have already missed. After a miss, a player should go back to the chair.

Maybe they are doing it for a reason? The fact that you said you "can't stand it" means that they have accomplished their goal!

dareads

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I also love the guy who will stand there and check the leave after he misses. Have told a few guys who linger to long "I don't really need your opinion on the shot, thanks"