And Canada has potentially, the strongest tournament tour we have seen in years.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
From the homepage.

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stories/12704-presenting-the-corner-bank-10-ball-series/

5 x $25,000 Added events.
1 x $100,000 Added events.

Pool in North America Just got a major jump. I truly hope that they don't pay too deep but deep enough. I truly hope that they stream this event on multiple tables at a high quality with commentary. This could be massive for the game. $100 entry wouldn't be unreasonable at all as this large of a prize fund will draw domestic and international players. Really looking forward to this! I'm excited for my friends who play top level pool both here and around the world!

Jerry Forsyth

The event will have a single streaming table with commentary. Multi-table streams have a price tag that would reduce the prize fund.

Not set in stone but the entry fees for the five small events will probably be $250 per event and the Grand Championship will probably be $500 entry. These are standard amounts for events of this size in North America.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
The event will have a single streaming table with commentary. Multi-table streams have a price tag that would reduce the prize fund.

Not set in stone but the entry fees for the five small events will probably be $250 per event and the Grand Championship will probably be $500 entry. These are standard amounts for events of this size in North America.

Limited field of 128- 256? Or full open?

Jerry Forsyth

Field Size being determined now. Either 64 or 128 with 128 being the favored number. Just have to check the logistics.

Gary G

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live stream

Considering the size of the tournament an money
added it would be ashame to only stream one table.
I seriously hope they look into multiple tables at
least for championship, Xtreme pool challenge out
of Cocoa beach Fl. streams 5 Tables on a regular
basis for the Fl pool tour and are capable of more
tables at one time. This will be a very exciting set of tournaments w an amazing final championship.
I'm looking forward to hear more about it.
Great job to the promoters and everyone involved.:thumbup:

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is awsome

I hope this pans out well & is very successful.
If things go as planned i will be able to attend at least one of these events as a spectator.
Hope to be sitting at the tv table watching the best matches live, as i am fortunate enough to do at the derby.

Total pay out for the derby this year was just shy of $280,000.00 & there are hopes it will be more next year.
The unfortunate thing is when greg tried to develope it into a tour, having it multiple times & at different venues it did not go over well.

Hopefully a tour can be sustained up north.

Slim

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As these events are all happening in my home town, I am obviously thrilled. I am glad to see Jim and Jerry came up with something to replace the World 8 Ball.

I hope they get some kind of raised seating in for the TV table.

Gideon

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
As these events are all happening in my home town, I am obviously thrilled. I am glad to see Jim and Jerry came up with something to replace the World 8 Ball.

I hope they get some kind of raised seating in for the TV table.

Gideon

I think this is better than a one-shot championship, Gideon.
...players can make some plans, for once.
Could be the start of something great.

Although, personally, I'm not thrilled about call-shot ten ball.

...yeah, they're going to need bleachers....
...that was the biggest beef from the fans at the recent Buffalo's one-hole.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah this is better than a single world championship. It's basically a pro tour in itself. Well done "plan b." I just hope it's not a money dump for you guys and you can make some money. We need promoters to make some good money so they have incentive to do this kind of thing.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although, personally, I'm not thrilled about call-shot ten ball.

PT, I didn't see a reference to call-shot. Did I miss it or is this information you got directly?

Gideon<----Doesn't mind call-shot. Hates call-shot call-safe.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
PT, I didn't see a reference to call-shot. Did I miss it or is this information you got directly?

Gideon<----Doesn't mind call-shot. Hates call-shot call-safe.

A lot of people and players assume call shots when they hear 'ten ball'....
...I know many people that have never heard of it being played any other way....
..they're amazed when I tell them it's an old game that was played like 9-ball.

I just don't like what it takes out of the game....I always picture a bunch of whiners who had a ball flunked on them forming a rules committee...lotta tearful stories....:crying:

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can they stream multiple tables to the TVs at the bar?

Been to the Canadian Championship at Shooters, needed to arrive early to claim a good location.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The One Thing

A great thing no doubt and I may attend but....

When I see something of this magnitude I have to wonder is this sustainable? The one rule in pool that seems to be the only rule is....if it doesn't make some type of business sense it just doesn't last long.

Added money of this magnitude is not a bottomless pit unless someone is getting a premium of some kind for it.

Does anyone have any idea where the funding is coming from?

From the homepage.

http://www.azbilliards.com/news/stories/12704-presenting-the-corner-bank-10-ball-series/

5 x $25,000 Added events.
1 x $100,000 Added events.

Pool in North America Just got a major jump. I truly hope that they don't pay too deep but deep enough. I truly hope that they stream this event on multiple tables at a high quality with commentary. This could be massive for the game. $100 entry wouldn't be unreasonable at all as this large of a prize fund will draw domestic and international players. Really looking forward to this! I'm excited for my friends who play top level pool both here and around the world!

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
A great thing no doubt and I may attend but....

When I see something of this magnitude I have to wonder is this sustainable? The one rule in pool that seems to be the only rule is....if it doesn't make some type of business sense it just doesn't last long.

Added money of this magnitude is not a bottomless pit unless someone is getting a premium of some kind for it.

Does anyone have any idea where the funding is coming from?

This money was originally set aside for the World _Ball to be set in Canada. China swooped in and took the tournament over.