Changing the play of an Olhausen

Pooldoctor

Registered
My buddy owns a 4X8 Olhausen. Is it possible to convert the way it plays to that of a Diamond? I know we can shim the corner pockets down to 4.5 “ but how or what needs to be done to the rails ? I think it currently has Accufast K66 cushions. Thanks

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My buddy owns a 4X8 Olhausen. Is it possible to convert the way it plays to that of a Diamond? I know we can shim the corner pockets down to 4.5 “ but how or what needs to be done to the rails ? I think it currently has Accufast K66 cushions. Thanks

No way to make it playing like a diamond. Shimming the pockets will not only make it play worse. The deep shelves of a diamond cannot be duplicated. 4 bolt rails on a diamond. Only thing that plays like a diamond is a diamond.

Not even sure why anyone wants to make any table play like a diamond.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Thinslice, a good mechanic can do just about anything, but at what price. By the time the rails were thickened up to 1-3/4" and completely overhauled with Artemis Intercontinental 66 cushions (K-55 profile) and the slate was replaced with Diamond cut slate to obtain the proper shelf, you would have way more money in it than what it would cost to buy a Diamond.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Tell your buddy not to waste his time! Lawnboy and thin said it great!

Buy a Diamond,I might know who has a couple:)

TFT

Attachments

• trent diamond card.jpg
    trent diamond card.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 142