Mali pool cue ID

pauljcork

Hi name is Paul and I am new to this. I hope someone can help me identify a Mali pool cue.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    11.7 KB · Views: 424
  • thumbnail-2.jpeg
    thumbnail-2.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 432
  • thumbnail-3.jpeg
    thumbnail-3.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 375
  • thumbnail-4.jpeg
    thumbnail-4.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 415
  • thumbnail-5.jpeg
    thumbnail-5.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 410

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i cant see the writing so cant identify it. and its important to know a mali cue, or you might accidentally buy it.

Take a much closer pic of the Mali logo, and then the Mali experts can tell you possibly the model, and what era it was made.

Also, take a close up pic of the joint pin. That would probably also help to identify it too.

I think that the Green label Mali cues, for example, were made in the 80's, and had the 3/8x10 pin. I should stop guessing though, because it gets me in trouble.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Take a much closer pic of the Mali logo, and then the Mali experts can tell you possibly the model, and what era it was made.

Also, take a close up pic of the joint pin. That would probably also help to identify it too.

I think that the Green label Mali cues, for example, were made in the 80's, and had the 3/8x10 pin. I should stop guessing though, because it gets me in trouble.

Hi Justin, how are you?

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a later T-2(sorry, typo, not T-10). Federal green with green fleck on white Irish linen. 3/8 x 10 stainless steel pin into a threaded shaft.

djoverboard

Registered
150 maybe if its straight and no dents.[/QUO

My first decent two piece cue was a Mali green label purchased about 1989/90. similar to the one pictured mine was green stain with the white/green spec wrap.

I bought it for I believe $80 maybe $90 brand new. They are very solid, great hitting cues or at least mine was.

I see them on E-bay priced similarly up to that $150 range. I'm always surprised at the pricing for a production cue that really should not be gaining any value but they seem to at least retain their value well. That is if they are selling at those prices.

I kinda want own one those again I could be your buyer at less than $100 :wink:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
150 maybe if its straight and no dents.[/QUO

My first decent two piece cue was a Mali green label purchased about 1989/90. similar to the one pictured mine was green stain with the white/green spec wrap.

I bought it for I believe $80 maybe $90 brand new. They are very solid, great hitting cues or at least mine was.

I see them on E-bay priced similarly up to that $150 range. I'm always surprised at the pricing for a production cue that really should not be gaining any value but they seem to at least retain their value well. That is if they are selling at those prices.

I kinda want own one those again I could be your buyer at less than $100 :wink:
Like anything else DEMAND is what sets the price. If this cue is in good shape its worth about a buck-fifty. If its got dents in finish,etc then price would for sure be sub-$100.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a similar Silver Label, 3/8x10 pin, last April for $72.00 on ebay.
Very minor dings in butt sleeve, everything else in 9/10 condition and laser straight.
All I did was have a pooldawg8 milkdud tip put on it.
I consider this a birdseye maple Merry Widow with great shaft wood.
I recently turned down a $200 offer.
It plays fantastic and I now own, and have owned, some great cues to compare with.
If I were you, I would play this cue for a while and give it a lotta thought before I sold it.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a similar Silver Label, 3/8x10 pin, last April for $72.00 on ebay.
Very minor dings in butt sleeve, everything else in 9/10 condition and laser straight.
All I did was have a pooldawg8 milkdud tip put on it.
I consider this a birdseye maple Merry Widow with great shaft wood.
I recently turned down a $200 offer.
It plays fantastic and I now own, and have owned, some great cues to compare with.
If I were you, I would play this cue for a while and give it a lotta thought before I sold it.
Good advice. Those simple cues usually hit really solid.