Best vacuum for Simonis 860?

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just purchased a new Diamond with 860 HR. This was the recommendation regarding the use of a vacuum:

“You want to vacuum the cloth with a non-motorized rectangle attachment with at least 1/2" hair. This will prevent the attachment from binding and stretching/lifting the cloth. The brush attachment also loosens dirt particles that are attached to the cloth.”

ldl01031

I just saw a guy demo using a "Dyson V7 Allergy HEPA Cord-Free Stick Vacuum Cleaner," but it has a 'motor head' and when he proudly showed his results, I saw a whole lot more than chalk in the reservoir. So, continuing my search.

I'm getting Simonis put on Friday to replace the c$@p that came with my table. And I want to give it all the respect it deserves :) I was told by a 'very' reputable source (fighting my urge to name drop) that the 'Table Cleaning Quick Cleaner' I had been using can affect ball action...

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Late to this thread, but I just use a knock-off Roomba [Shark Ion]. Set it and forget it. I've been using it for years and it seems to work fine.

-td

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I bought a small rechargeable "dustbuster" from Wal Mart for $20. It came with a brush attachment, isn't super strong but after vacuuming a few times I had to dump the filter because it was filled with blue chalk. Once it bites the dust I may get a larger one.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is what I've used with the brush and crevice attachment to get the junk under the rails. Oreck XL Handheld Canister Vacuum on Ebay paste that in to the search, and a bunch of them will come up, used and new.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oreck-XL-C...091624?hash=item1aa26b5068:g:TX8AAOSwuTpfVB4o

Then I use a damp micro fiber cloth with a tiny bit of detergent(dish or hand soap with no extra additives such as moisturizers) to wipe the cloth down. Be sure to wipe the inside corners of the rails at the pockets. This will get rid of the ball tracks along the rails and the white spots from hitting the balls hard. The cloth will look almost new.