Average price for re-felt and bumper replacement

mostly mozart

SFGiants4me
Terry here,

Wanted to get your valued input on what an acceptable charge would be for this service. I have a Brunswick Mission 8 footer. I'd also like to pick your brains on what a good to very good felt should cost. Is below overkill? I read up that worsted is the best? Lastly, what is your recommendation for bumper? Should I go with the same bumpers that Brunswick installed on this 2007 table? Sorry for all the verbiage. If this is the wrong forum, my humble apologies.

Simonis Tournament Blue Billiard Cloth- 8 Foot Cut

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry here,

Wanted to get your valued input on what an acceptable charge would be for this service. I have a Brunswick Mission 8 footer. I'd also like to pick your brains on what a good to very good felt should cost. Is below overkill? I read up that worsted is the best? Lastly, what is your recommendation for bumper? Should I go with the same bumpers that Brunswick installed on this 2007 table? Sorry for all the verbiage. If this is the wrong forum, my humble apologies.

Simonis Tournament Blue Billiard 860 HR Cloth 8 Foot Cut
Simonis 860 HR cloth replacement on 8-foot table with Brunswick Superspeed cushion replacement by a reputable professional installer/fitter will likely cost you $1,000 minimum. Add another $150-$200 for Artemis K55 cushions. You provide the cloth, cushions and facings should cut that fee in half, as materials alone amount to +\- $500 wholesale cost for the installer and more $ than that for you to purchase.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry here,

Simonis Tournament Blue Billiard Cloth- 8 Foot Cut
First thing, gotta quit using the kiddie gameroom terms. ;) Its 'cloth' and 'cushions' not felt-n-bumpers. That concludes today's PSA. ;)

mostly mozart

SFGiants4me
Thank you all for the information and the lesson in terms. I think I will downgrade a bit on the "cloth". Just have to find somebody in my neck of the woods to do it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, if money is tight, I'd save for another month or two before skimping on the cloth. Good cloth is so much more fun than cheap cloth.

Agreed.

Don’t dog it on the cloth — it’s a totally different game with quality cloth. Unless of course your table spends more time being used to fold laundry than to actually play pool.

Lou Figueroa
we’ll talk about
good pool balls later

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you all for the information and the lesson in terms. I think I will downgrade a bit on the "cloth". Just have to find somebody in my neck of the woods to do it.
Are you sure you need new cushions? That replacement (materials and labor) is costing you nearly as much as the Simonis 860 cloth replacement. It could be the rail bolts just need tightening, or the back of the cushions have come loose from the supporting subrail holding it, requiring re-gluing the cushions back on properly. If you can still push in the nose of the cushions at least 1/8 inch with your fingertips consistently every few inches all the way around the table, they should still be good.

Last edited:

mostly mozart

SFGiants4me
Thanks Chris, I'll have the guy check it when he arrives in a couple weeks just to make sure. Got a quote for $1100 for Simonis 860 cloth and Brunswick super speed cushions, that seems in line with what you all mentioned. Thank you all again. Even you garczar. ......

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Chris, I'll have the guy check it when he arrives in a couple weeks just to make sure. Got a quote for $1100 for Simonis 860 cloth and Brunswick super speed cushions, that seems in line with what you all mentioned. Thank you all again. Even you garczar. ......
Sounds like a fair price. If he's a reputable installer, he won't needlessly replace the cushions unless he determines you need to, which would reduce your price considerably.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you sure you need new cushions? That replacement (materials and labor) is costing you nearly as much as the Simonis 860 cloth replacement. It could be the rail bolts just need tightening, or the back of the cushions have come loose from the supporting subrail holding it, requiring re-gluing the cushions back on properly. If you can still push in the nose of the cushions at least 1/8 inch with your fingertips consistently every few inches all the way around the table, they should still be good.

Thanks...very informative.