definition of 'sneaky pete'

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
I thought I knew what constituted a 'sneaky pete'...

Can someone please tell me how a 2-piece cue with a visible joint (SS, phenolic, ivory, whatever), and rings, veneers, or other embellishments is, in any way, sneaky?

I see so many people selling 'sneaky petes', and when I look at them I'm just confused. I'm not going to link to any of them for fear of being scolded for interfering with their sale, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Comments?

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
For instance, this is sneaky:

sneaky.jpg

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought on your description I knew what you were talking about. Your picture however is a Sneaky Pete. Though mine were yellowed (amber) and did not know exactly what the meat was going to be I have cut house cues down with even better looking wood.

Joints rings etc to me make it a conversion cue

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Can someone please tell me how a 2-piece cue with a visible joint (SS, phenolic, ivory, whatever), and rings, veneers, or other embellishments is, in any way, sneaky?

I see so many people selling 'sneaky petes', and when I look at them I'm just confused. I'm not going to link to any of them for fear of being scolded for interfering with their sale, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Comments?

to me a sneaky peat is a cue you have to look REAL CLOSE to see that it is a 2 piece cue and not a cue off the wall

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
to me a sneaky peat is a cue you have to look REAL CLOSE to see that it is a 2 piece cue and not a cue off the wall

'zackly! :smile:

They need to come up with another designation for these 2-piece cues which, while simple and largely unadorned, aren't as you just described. I would never mistake a phenolic-jointed, ringed, veneered cue as a house stick, regardless of how simple its embellishments.

Last edited:

Twisted Turtle

Creator of Unique Cues
Silver Member
My sneaky pete style cue

I thought that a sneaky pete was a cue with out fancy ring work and metals just wood on wood.:smile:

Attachments

• 2012-06 Ron Danials - final.jpg
    2012-06 Ron Danials - final.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 646

WalkerInTN

Mr. Entertainment
Silver Member

Comments?

I agree with you 100%. A sneaky pete is supposed to look just like a typical house cue. Anything else is not sneaky. :smile: