shipping... would u ship a black boar worth 7.5k via ur local post office???

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt that... I actually had to look up the meaning of strouded...my word is my honor... big pleasure I have in offering cases I make as an act of gratitude towards somebody that helped me

I did not mean to imply anything so please don't take it that way, I just saw an opportunity to use our new term for "not getting what was promised" LOL

My wife Strouds me all the time with "cuddling". <-- see like that ;)

And I agree about offering something for free or cheap in the right situation, I work on computers and often help out people for free where a store would charge them a few 100 to do a simple fix, it's at times a better feeling than making money, doing something that helps others.

Last edited:

Maq1679

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
USPS is pretty much the only way I ship high dollar cues but you need to ship it registered, that is the most secure shipping out there, they ship millions in diamonds and gold every day. Your package is always under lock and key and anyone that handles it has to sign. It is also much cheaper. I shipped a Gus to Barry using registered, insured for 10k and it was $42 from Chicago to Feasterville vs. about $90 if i overnighted it with fedex.Just my opinion and experience btw I will never use UPS, too many problems

VolturiCases

VolturiCases
Silver Member
I did not mean to imply anything so please don't take it that way, I just saw an opportunity to use our new term for "not getting what was promised" LOL

My wife Strouds me all the time with "cuddling". <-- see like that ;)

And I agree about offering something for free or cheap in the right situation, I work on computers and often help out people for free where a store would charge them a few 100 to do a simple fix, it's at times a better feeling than making money, doing something that helps others.

I agree... but they ain't gona get anything cheap;)... can't wait to fire straight down to the post office tomorrow morning ( holiday here)...

Twisted Turtle

Creator of Unique Cues
Silver Member
I recently shipped with USPS a nearly 3k cue to a customer in the UK, i specified and insurance amount, and the cue was lost in Honduras for a full month. And they told me i had no insurance! It made it to the destination but for international ill use fed ex next time. We faced losing everything with USPS scary never again!

VolturiCases

VolturiCases
Silver Member
point of the thread.. was only one...if ur a seller... please follow ur buyers instructions... that's all! looking forward to building dave n holland a free cuecase for their efforts..;)

tenzip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm relieved it's that close to you. Take some pics when you get it, show it off for us.

Keep us up to date, let us know how it plays!

VolturiCases

VolturiCases
Silver Member
I'm relieved it's that close to you. Take some pics when you get it, show it off for us.

Keep us up to date, let us know how it plays!

I sure will...will take pics of it dressed in the box till its naked in my hands n ready to rippp...

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To Ralf for making him look like a bad seller now that you cue has arrived?

The original intent of the thread was to vent about how he bought a very expensive cue and how it was not shipped using the method he specified. Just because he received the cue, doesn't mean that this didn't happen.

If I sent $7,500 to someone for a cue, that means that the cue is mine as soon as the money gets to them. If I send specifics of how I want my high-dollar cue delivered to me, and that doesn't happen, I would be livid whether the cue got to me or not. If that shipping method wasn't available, I would expect the seller to contact me so we can agree upon an alternative shipping method before just sending it whatever way they felt fit. The fact that that communication didn't happen shows a lack of general respect for a good, paying, customer.

I don't know the buyer or the seller in the least bit... but, IMO, no apology is owed by anyone other than the seller. Sure, the cue got there, but they still botched the shipping job.

????? to what??? obviously u have never experienced anything similar....am I the only non- English ( native speaking) around? I guess my usd has the same value as urs

I have had items take a bit longer, on occasion. With international shipping in customs it can take awhile. Not sure I would have outted the seller.

If it got lost what good would it have done to post this anyway? You obviously wanted the guy to look bad. Not sure he deserved it, because you got your cue and the man clearly said he didn't know you specified a certain service.

You take a big risk buying an item that should not be imported internationally, then you sweat it's arrival day by day until it arrives. Ralf isn't responsible for your self-induced anxiety. Some people just like the thrill of it all. Makes no sense to me sir.

Last edited:

VolturiCases

VolturiCases
Silver Member
I have had items take a bit longer, on occasion. With international shipping in customs it can take awhile. Not sure I would have outted the seller.

If it got lost what good would it have done to post this anyway? You obviously wanted the guy to look bad. Not sure he deserved it, because you got your cue and the man clearly said he didn't know you specified a certain service.

You take a big risk buying an item that should not be imported internationally, then you sweat it's arrival day by day until it arrives. Ralf isn't responsible for your self-induced anxiety. Some people just like the thrill of it all. Makes no sense to me sir.

well I guess u really didn't understand the point! firstly I didn't mention ralf.. second he didn't follow my instructions ...cue has arrived but still ain't in my possession ...if I wanna have a thrill I go sky diving or something similar... I work hard for my money... maybe I ain't as lucky as u or others...

point of the thread was: " follow ur buyers instructions"... is that Dificult to understand???

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well I guess u really didn't understand the point! firstly I didn't mention ralf.. second he didn't follow my instructions ...cue has arrived but still ain't in my possession ...if I wanna have a thrill I go sky diving or something similar... I work hard for my money... maybe I ain't as lucky as u or others...

point of the thread was: " follow ur buyers instructions"... is that Dificult to understand???

This thread, and this perspective on business in general, is why I would never hesitate to order a case from this man.

Sir, to err is human and to forgive is divine. Ralf didn't wrong you. Think about that when you have the beautiful cue in your hands tomorrow.

I doubt he sees it your way. He's a solid individual, you should never have brought this up until you had some damages. You just created drama and he showed a lot of restraint by not firing back at you.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Sir, to err is human and to forgive is divine. Ralf didn't wrong you. Think about that when you have the beautiful cue in your hands tomorrow.

I doubt he sees it your way. He's a solid individual, you should never have brought this up until you had some damages. You just created drama and he showed a lot of restraint by not firing back at you.

I hate to say this, but Ralf had a little whoops, and no harm no foul. Roger didn't out him, you did. There's not a member on here with any common sense that wouldn't buy a cue from Ralf, including Roger, who will probably buy another cue from him in spite of this. I know I would buy from both Roger and Ralf with out ANY hesitation.

If anything is taken from this thread, it's that even when dealing with a good friend, try your best to make sure all your ducks are lined up correctly, and that sometimes things go wrong. Do you really think either of these guys would let something so silly, like an internet thread ruin a good friendship? I hope not.

Best to all, I'm glad this will have a happy ending. After Roger gets done drooling over his new baby tomorrow, he can get back to work on what really matters...

MY NEW CASE!!!!:grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

VolturiCases

VolturiCases
Silver Member

what's wrong with u? do u understand the thread??? ralf is cool.. but he didn't follow my instructions .. that's all... n it did piss me off!

now... I got it... yes indeed it's a beautiful cue... ralf packed it rock solid( very good work there)...... what else to say.. it's a black boar... I'm proud to own it.. plays excellent! I mean excellent!... it's like driving a rolls royce I guess...I'm not taking pics cause there are threads here on az about that cue...
it is a little scary to go casually around the table with that cue...

but definitely an excellent collectible...

tenzip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what's wrong with u? do u understand the thread??? ralf is cool.. but he didn't follow my instructions .. that's all... n it did piss me off!

now... I got it... yes indeed it's a beautiful cue... ralf packed it rock solid( very good work there)...... what else to say.. it's a black boar... I'm proud to own it.. plays excellent! I mean excellent!... it's like driving a rolls royce I guess...I'm not taking pics cause there are threads here on az about that cue...
it is a little scary to go casually around the table with that cue...

but definitely an excellent collectible...

Links? I want to see the cue that caused so much angst.