Bar table madness at my new spot...

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Due to some poor management,my weekend pool spot in town closed about a month ago. The new place I go to play in town is just a few blocks away.

The main table at the spot is an oversized 8' Valley bar table,a little tighter than usual. It has fairly fast but still nappy cloth,and the balls haven't been cleaned properly YET,and cheap Chinese balls to boot. I keep the cue ball clean myself.

Anyway,a couple of non-regulars are there,and I put quarters up. I honestly think these guys were missing balls on purpose,but just to make the game last longer for pure fun.

When my game came up,I ran out to the spot shown in the pic,and at first I thought about banking it,but something came to mind from earlier today,from some of the Stan Shuffett Youtube vids,and I decided to try and apply it here due to the way the 9 was aligned in relation to the shot line.

I line up,and take my swing. I hit this 9 with the intention of trying to kick in behind it thin,in an effort to see how close I could get to it hitting the side rail first. The 9 was maybe an 1/8 off the rail,so I'm thinking at the time that unless the 9 is frozen that it can't be spun in,but maybe I can use a severe inside spin,and get a real thin kick on it,and if I execute it perfectly,the cue ball comes straight down the middle of the table after contact.

I hit it so PURE that the cue ball takes this path,and with SPEED,and I wind up making the 9 AND the 8 as shown.

They start high-fiving each other like dude did something,LOL. I was thrilled to death to have hit the 9 as well as I did,regardless of losing the game,so I blow it off.

I put quarters back up,and on my next shot I ran out,and they quit. Before long,there are 5 more sets of quarters up,just challenge table 8-ball,but a lot of people at this place want to play bank the 8,3 rails or more on a kick,and scratches don't count as a loss unless you make the bank and scratch.

I made the 8 on the break on the first guy. I've been playing here for months,and that's the first time I've seen it,and didn't even use my break cue.

I broke and ran 2 racks playing normal 8 ball,and followed that up with my first ever 3-pack playing bank 8.

I'll take that every time. Tommy D.

Attachments

• Layout1.jpg
    Layout1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 329