Cte finally explained?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few individuals have contacted me about a person starting a YouTube series: CTE FINALLY EXPLAINED.
I have not given anyone permission to start a CTE series based on my knowledge for CTE PRO ONE.
I am unable to contact this person for asking him to take the material down, Plus, what is being shown is not CTE.

This inconsiderate action gives me reason to rethink my free online series and even my book. Why should I continue down this road if a few others are going to reteach my material and most likely slaughter the content. I am the one that has invested thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dolllars......why, so someone else can come along scoop it up for their own benefit. I guess it's legal but I think it's highly unethical.
I am passionate about resolving every single detail concerning CTE. I can honestly say that my journey has been passion first with business a distant second. Ultimately though, pool is my business and for the life of me I can not understand why someone would produce a video series based totally on my work proclaiming to finally explain CTE. It's insulting!

Let's say this individual does 25 YouTube videos based on my current material. How many more would he do based on my proposed free update series? How many will he do based on the content in my book? I think that my concerns are well worth airing out.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
A few individuals have contacted about a person starting YouTube BASIC CTE series.
I have not given anyone permission to start a CTE series based on CTE PRO ONE.
I am unable to contact this person for asking him to take the material down. And it is not correct to boot.

This inconsiderate action gives me reason to rethink my free online series and even my book. Why should I continue if others are going to reteach my material. I am the one that has invested thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dolllars......so someone else can come along scoop it up for their own benefit. I guess it's legal but I think it's highly unethical.

Stan Shuffett

I think many have came up with their own version of cte..not sure this is the case. If it is , I don't see this as a problem.

Elephant Man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think many have came up with their own version of cte..not sure this is the case. If it is , I don't see this as a problem.

I think many come up with their own version too, including Stan, which is great. Unless they are teaching it as Pro One I don't see a problem either. If they are then contact uTube and maybe something in their policy could have it removed. Link? :)

ETA: With Stan's version for instance, I think he has been forced to way overcomplicate the system by refusing to address the variable pivot point location, which technically changes for every shot. From what I saw of JB's video on his play table, same thing. If your bridge is always in the same spot and you pivot at the bridge, CTE can't work without overcomplicating the hell out of it and creating an entirely different system. Which is great as long as it works, but not nearly as simple as it could/should be.

Last edited:

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
A few individuals have contacted about a person starting YouTube BASIC CTE series.
I have not given anyone permission to start a CTE series based on CTE PRO ONE.
I am unable to contact this person for asking him to take the material down. And it is not correct to boot.

Stan Shuffett

By saying, "And it is not correct to boot", do you mean this person is using your system, but not explaining it correctly?
If that is the case he should take it down. There's only one way to aim balls.. Ball center to edge or Ball edge to center.

GoldenFlash

Banned
A few individuals have contacted me about a person starting a YouTube series: CTE FINALLY EXPLAINED.
I have not given anyone permission to start a CTE series based on my knowledge for CTE PRO ONE.
I am unable to contact this person for asking him to take the material down, plus it is not correct to boot.
This inconsiderate action gives me reason to rethink my free online series and even my book. Why should I continue down this road if a few others are going to reteach my material. I am the one that has invested thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dolllars......so someone else can come along scoop it up for their own benefit. I guess it's legal but I think it's highly unethical.
I am passionate about resolving every single detail concerning CTE. I can honestly say that my journey has been passion first with business a distant second. Ultimately though, pool is my business and for the life of me I can not understand why someone would produce a video series based totally on my work proclaiming to finally explain CTE. That's insulting!
Let's say this individual does 25 YouTube videos based on my current material. How many more would he do based on my proposed free "tell all" series? How many will he do based on the material in my book? I think that my concerns are well worth airing out.
Stan Shuffett
You've heard me say it before. GIVE AWAY nothing!
Nobody wants to see a lifetime of effort purloined by someone having motives that are anything but altruistic. And that's what is happening to your studies.
Make 'em pay money.
If 'they' don't like it, they can just get mad..................they got all day to turn around and 'get glad'.
Regards,
Me

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You've heard me say it before. GIVE AWAY nothing!
Nobody wants to see a lifetime of effort purloined by someone having motives that are anything but altruistic. And that's what is happening to your studies.
Make 'em pay money.
If 'they' don't like it, they can just get mad..................they got all day to turn around and 'get glad'.
Regards,
Me

It does cause me to strongly reevaluate what the heck it is that I am doing......One thing is for certain. I do not intend for my work to be a springboard for others in developing CTE presentations especially without my blessing or permission.

Stan Shuffett

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, if I were you I would report it on youtube, every one of his three videos AND write him a comment to remove it, I think comments are enabled.

If you want to report it click just below the video on "°°°More" -> "Report" -> "Infringes my rights", I think you have every right to do it since he even mentions you in his videos.

This shouldn't have any influence on your work, stuff like this happens every day with everything, with movies/tv shows/software/book, you name it, one just has to fight it as much as he can, ppl like those will always be arround, unfortunately.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan, if I were you I would report it on youtube, every one of his three videos AND write him a comment to remove it, I think comments are enabled.

If you want to report it click just below the video on "°°°More" -> "Report" -> "Infringes my rights", I think you have every right to do it since he even mentions you in his videos.

This shouldn't have any influence on your work, stuff like this happens every day with everything, with movies/tv shows/software/book, you name it, one just has to fight it as much as he can, ppl like those will always be arround, unfortunately.

Thanks for your input. I will likely not contact this person at this time but as long his videos are up containing my work as his premise for advancing CTE, there will be no online free series from me. I guess when my book is out someone will do it for me anyway. "I am in a tight spot!"

Anyway, thanks to this situation, I don't think I want to do a lay-up for someone to grab and do as they please. I am not interested in ongoing fighting with some that would gladly display no regard for the decade of study that I have put into CTE.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your input. I will likely not contact this person at this time but as long his videos are up containing my work as his premise for advancing CTE, there will be no online free series from me. I guess when my book is out someone will do it for me anyway. "I am in a tight spot!"

Anyway, thanks to this situation, I don't think I want to do a lay-up for someone to grab and do as they please. I am not interested in ongoing fighting with some that would gladly display no regard for the decade of study that I have put into CTE.

Stan Shuffett

In bold. WHOA!! :(

Why not make the videos and put them on your website?
I'm sure you have a list of the folks that purchased your DVD's. The only way to allow access to the free videos would be thru a user name (first and last name maybe) and then a password.

Just my thoughts Stan. :)

John

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It does cause me to strongly reevaluate what the heck it is that I am doing......One thing is for certain. I do not intend for my work to be a springboard for others in developing CTE presentations especially without my blessing or permission.

Stan Shuffett

Stan, you aren't going to stop all the copycats. It's part of the internet. But, what you can do, is make a comment on his videos that what he is teaching is NOT the CTE that you teach, and he shouldn't be referencing you in his videos. If he wants to post an aiming system, fine. But don't jump on your back to try and make his credible.

If you don't post your material, then all that will be out there is the wrong stuff. People need somewhere to get the correct material, and that is from you.

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
I looked at just a few minutes of the video and it's not even close to being CTE.

It looked to me to be 90/90.

Hang in there Stan.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I looked at just a few minutes of the video and it's not even close to being CTE.

It looked to me to be 90/90.

Hang in there Stan.

Nah, it's not 90/90 either. He says it's a beginners guide for beginners and intermediate players. More advanced players can move on to Stan's CTE. I think the guy means well, but is going about things all wrong.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I saw them, they are clearly not CTE, and clearly not complete. I wouldn't worry too much about them, they are not conveying anything useful. Make comments this is not CTE, report them. That's about all you can do with worthless copycats.

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really don't see what the issue is here. If this truly is "incorrect" then there is no harm to the Pro One system. And if it is "incomplete" then why not let a bunch of yo-yos have some fun with it? I've seen those videos. He's not monetizing them as far as I can tell, at least the last time I saw them. Maybe the ones that are truly interested will Google CTE and find out more about Hal and Stan.

Even a comment on the guy's video explaining a couple of things, and linking to your page, instead of the negativity of "reporting", would be more constructive here. You should be making the most of the situation, not cowering. Is this guy a worthless copycat? Did he "reverse-engineer" enough of CTE to make it useful? Are there "legal grounds" here such as copyright or trademark? CTE or not, most of the information he presented is out in the open on the Web for anyone to see.

The fact that you have people here defending you should increase your resolve to finish this damn thing already so that the "truths" about CTE will be out, otherwise you just provide more fuel for the naysayers and more opportunities for others to present their versions before yours.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
is it this guy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qkK1j8ckfw

Stan, the nature of CTE is that people are going to distort it. Hell I am guilty of that. Even the guys I helped to work through your DVD at my shop don't use it 100% the way you do. But the point of all this is that all of these people know it WORKS.

Don't be discouraged here, try to look at it as a compliment that people are willing to make videos and introduce others to the concept. Stuff like what's in the video above isn't CTE as you teach it and is in fact the barest essence of it. BUT what will happen is that some people's interest will be piqued enough to go looking further and they will end up at your videos.

If Howard has used any of your video materials you can certainly make a copyright claim against him. I think though that he is only showing what can be found at Dr. Dave's site as well where Dave reveals the ABC aim lines.

At the end of the day you can't bottle information....you put out information and people are going to take it and put their spin on it....that's the nature of how information gets passed around, like a game of telephone. All you can do is be the wellspring and the source and believe me people will find you even if their first contact is something like this.

Please think of Hal and what he would want. I believe he would want to see you continue and put out the most detailed and distilled explanation that you have come up with. And those of us who appreciate all you do would love to see it as well.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I think many come up with their own version too, including Stan, which is great. Unless they are teaching it as Pro One I don't see a problem either. If they are then contact uTube and maybe something in their policy could have it removed. Link? :)

ETA: With Stan's version for instance, I think he has been forced to way overcomplicate the system by refusing to address the variable pivot point location, which technically changes for every shot. From what I saw of JB's video on his play table, same thing. If your bridge is always in the same spot and you pivot at the bridge, CTE can't work without overcomplicating the hell out of it and creating an entirely different system. Which is great as long as it works, but not nearly as simple as it could/should be.

I would say many have come to the conclusion ....I can make this work...even if you put your own twist on it to do so.(not a bad thing) Not sure but I think when you keep things simple the subconscious does its best work.

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
I watched the videos and honestly the title is very misleading/butchering CTE. He does however lend credence by saying the system works, so that is a plus. However with all the doubt and controversy surrounding CTE it does not help when someone with so little knowledge of the system is making claims on a video saying it's finally explained. I've been at it for the last 10 years as well and Stan can vouch for me but I would never claim to know how to explain the system bc I am constantly discovering things daily and cte is not my project but still.. even I am offended by the title of that video.

Blitzface

Registered
CTE - My view

Dear Stan and CTE enthusiasts:

Please note that I am utilizing the CTE methods as seen on your video's, John Barton and a host of others on YouTube. I am addressing primarily beginner, mid-level players and senior citizens which I teach daily. I have highly recommended you as the CTE Professional whose training is the correct CTE method and repeatedly mentioned to viewer's to check your www.justcueit.com website which is actually listed in one of my video's for those seeking advanced training.

This is CTE in my View and how I morphed it in my learning and how I use it... and it Works! It may not conform to all of CTE methods as CTE is so complex, but for basic aiming instruction I feel it does the job. I have received a large amount of positives that many people now understand CTE better! I am not seeking monies, nor fame, just seeking to provide a little more knowledge on the concept and to sell my Mini Bead Counter.

I hope you understand this is NOT taking anything away from you and in fact may bring a new light to CTE and I believe will drive those more interested in learning CTE to your website and hopefully purchase your CD's and eventual book.

Regards,
Howard Berger

Blitzface

Registered
Dear John,
I have seen multiple video's on CTE on YouTube and learned from Stan, from you and many others. I am addressing my take on CTE and but my aiming style works for me and I have had many viewers who felt they didn't understand CTE and do now. My intention is not to take anything away from Stan and often mentioned him and have let viewer's who are thinking of pursuing CTE ....... should check his website. Appreciate your input and will follow you up on YouTube as always.
Regards,
Howard