True Cost of a Southwest?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My number approaches, and I ask has anyone got or have an idea if Laurie has a current price list?

Reason is I do not want to be shocked? When you got your notice 6 month or more ago did she send a price list?

Would anyone share.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Laurie told me recently 3K to 6K depending on materials and add-on's.

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cost of a Southwest

Did you want to know what the cue was going to cost you or did you want to know what it cost Southwest to make your Cue...??????

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Start about 1,800.00- merry widow-
upgrades for woods, rings, Points, laminates/veneers & joint protector options
& no-wrap cues-ALSO SLIM BUTT IS AN OPTION
"NO WORRIES-
Laurie is gonna deliver you AN AWESOME CUE!
South West still one of the MOST SOUGHT AFTER , DESIRED CUES OF MODERN TIMES :)

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not one of the most sought after
the most sought after in the history of pool

ask laurie if you want to know no need to guess

by the way i have an unhit 6 pointer with veneers,rings etc
for $5500 and no wait

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And, I'll be selling my spot.

Is that really a thing? Why would a cuemaker honor that? Or any business with a waiting list?

Professional line standers and list sitters can only harm a business' relationship with its real customers.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that really a thing? Why would a cuemaker honor that? Or any business with a waiting list?

Professional line standers and list sitters can only harm a business' relationship with its real customers.

Not a false theory, but SW is such a small operation, one that does not seem volume to enhance profit, it arguably has had 0 impact on their operations.

danomano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you know your # approaches? I think i am nearing the 10 year mark but will they check the list and tell you?

+++++ nevermind i received an update - she is great!

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does selling a spot work? Does SW know of it, and they deal with the new spot purchaser only? Or is it on the down low, the new spot purchaser tells the original spot holder what they want, and the original spot holder is the only one who corresponds with SW?

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This spot selling stuff is unethical. If you have a spot and don't want the queue anymore, then you should just drop out and let the next guy in line move up. If this is common, long queues for cues (alliteration intentional) may dissuade sincere purchasers from subscribing, and will increase the effective cost of the cue, siphoning off some of the cue maker's revenue.

Reactions: JC

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
This spot selling stuff is unethical. If you have a spot and don't want the queue anymore, then you should just drop out and let the next guy in line move up. If this is common, long queues for cues (alliteration intentional) may dissuade sincere purchasers from subscribing, and will increase the effective cost of the cue, siphoning off some of the cue maker's revenue.

Almost all of them buy the SW to flip anyway.
Is that unethical too ?
How many are going to play with a $3500 cue ?

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member

Has been happening with Southwest since the beginning. They know it happens.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Start about 1,800.00- merry widow-
upgrades for woods, rings, Points, laminates/veneers & joint protector options
& no-wrap cues-ALSO SLIM BUTT IS AN OPTION
"NO WORRIES-
Laurie is gonna deliver you AN AWESOME CUE!
South West still one of the MOST SOUGHT AFTER , DESIRED CUES OF MODERN TIMES :)

Well I have been waiting for my number to come up over 12 years, back then think a full blown 6 pointer was 2500 bucks.

Think I will go the fancy Merry Widow Route, but when I get the prices, I will make that decision.

BTW thanks Duane Remick for the info.