Vintage Pinball - Cool addition available for the Home Room owner!

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happen to come across this while browsing. (Not mine, or anyone I know).

Might be a great piece to add to your man cave though! :thumbup:

https://letgo.onelink.me/O2PG/e547482a

(Please don't ask me any questions about it, I have nothing to do with it).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200409-165242_letgo_resize_78.jpg
    Screenshot_20200409-165242_letgo_resize_78.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 431
  • Screenshot_20200409-165251_letgo_resize_16.jpg
    Screenshot_20200409-165251_letgo_resize_16.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 434

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive always had an old Electromechical Pin in the gameroom.

Attachments

• IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 397

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man that brings back memories for me. The old pool hall in my hometown always had one in the front. It was a real workout shaking and bumping them correctly, but not tripping the motion sensor. Some of them in the rotation were just rip offs though, rigged to make money quickly.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Happen to come across this while browsing. (Not mine, or anyone I know).

Might be a great piece to add to your man cave though! :thumbup:

https://letgo.onelink.me/O2PG/e547482a

(Please don't ask me any questions about it, I have nothing to do with it).

Had this machine for years. Actually put it in my last poolroom and it got $25-30 worth of play every week. After I closed the room I put it in my home but it was not a good fit in my home poolroom and I sold it about ten years ago. I bought it at auction for $400 about twenty years ago and sold it for $500 ten years later. Fun while it lasted.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Nice but asking price is about double what it should go for. Bally made 20,000 of those machines.

Sent from the future.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I remember playing that in my youth. Back then, I thought this was Happy Days as he looked like the Fonz from that show. Now seeing this, I never made the connection this was a pool themed pinball machine, not Happy Days inspired.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the late 50s, I played every pinball machine in town quite often (10 cents-a-game, 3 for a quarter). Bally’s were ok, but Gottlieb made the best. I was usually able to rack up the max. wins (21?) on every one, and then walk away, leaving a surprise gift for some lucky player.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Gottliebs were awesome. Tile floor and four or more inches between machines and five balls could last all night.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reminds me...I was so disappointed to see my old pinball machines replaced with those new fancy video games like Pac-Man and I think Asteroids??? I’m still protesting, and have yet to ever play Pac-Man, or any other video games. LOL I have to admit that I really enjoyed watching a very good Pac-Man player tear it up though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gottliebs were awesome. Tile floor and four or more inches between machines and five balls could last all night.

I remember that the machines weren’t always leveled. With those that ‘tilted‘ (game over!) easiest, if you were hanging around when the coin door was opened for collection, you could see where the plumb ball was hanging in the wire circle that tripped ‘TILT’ when the circuit was completed, and thus which directional/level change would better center it. You could then shim the legs with matchbooks (when the proprietor wasn’t looking). With that plumb centered, you could really shake it with abandon.
P.S. I might have been wrong about the maximum games you could accumulate. Might be 26, not 21 (?). LOVED that loud ‘pop’ sound signaling a win.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a gottlieb 1960 spot a card EM pinball for my gameroom. Not a very good pic buts it all I could find right now. Too lazy to go take a new pic.

Attachments

• Capture5.JPG
    Capture5.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 175

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty sure most of those machines were 15 free games max, at least the ones we played were. Put in a quarter, max em out, sell for a dollar. Earn enough to stake yourself on the foosball table, turn it into $40. 14 years old, in 72, with twenty apiece. My brother and I ruled back then.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I remember that the machines weren’t always leveled. With those that ‘tilted‘ (game over!) easiest, if you were hanging around when the coin door was opened for collection, you could see where the plumb ball was hanging in the wire circle that tripped ‘TILT’ when the circuit was completed, and thus which directional/level change would better center it. You could then shim the legs with matchbooks (when the proprietor wasn’t looking). With that plumb centered, you could really shake it with abandon.
P.S. I might have been wrong about the maximum games you could accumulate. Might be 26, not 21 (?). LOVED that loud ‘pop’ sound signaling a win.

Used to lift lightly and slide the machine sideways when the ball was headed straight down the middle. Done smoothly, you could move it just enough to catch a flipper without tilting the game. On tile, this took some practice. On carpet, forgetaboutit.

Yeh, that loud pop signaling a free game was music to the ears.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty sure most of those machines were 15 free games max, at least the ones we played were. Put in a quarter, max em out, sell for a dollar. Earn enough to stake yourself on the foosball table, turn it into $40. 14 years old, in 72, with twenty apiece. My brother and I ruled back then.

When ‘I’ was 14, some of those Gottlieb machines were still only a nickel. Guess they got wise later and lowered the game total max.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
For those pinball enthusiasts check out the app Pinball Arcade. For all the vintage games from Stern, Williams, Gottlieb and more. Realistic play and loads of fun.

Last edited:

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When ‘I’ was 14, some of those Gottlieb machines were still only a nickel. Guess they got wise later and lowered the game total max.

Yeah, they kept changing them. Those machines were a lot of fun. You could double slap the flipper buttons, to dig out the ball, then nudge a leg, to avoid the tilt. Didn't work with shoes, but work boots were just right.