Why Seyberts Discontinued Carrying Any Mezz Products?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious if anyone knows why Seyberts no longer carries any Mezz products - cues, shafts, or even accessories? I assume with quite certainty that Mezz is considered among the most popular higher end pool cues, shafts and accessories in the pool market, so I just find this very strange based on virtually all the other top selling brand names that Seyberts has always attempted to stock.

Yes, I realize I could call and ask this question directly to my longtime Seyberts account rep, but who knows if I could be sure as to whether he'd give me the real reason? I just figured someone on here with knowledge of this might know? - Thanks

Last edited:

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I'm curious if anyone knows why Seyberts no longer carries any Mezz products - cues, shafts, or even accessories? I assume with quite certainty that Mezz is considered among the most popular higher end pool cues, shafts and accessories in the pool market, so I just find this very strange based on virtually all the other top selling brand names that Seyberts has always attempted to stock.

Yes, I realize I could call and ask this question directly to my longtime Seyberts account rep, but who knows if I could be sure as to whether he'd give me the real reason? I just figured someone on here with knowledge of this might know? - Thanks

With MezzUSA, it’s nearly impossible to make money on Mezz cues in North America. Margins are terrible for a distributor. I’m waiting to see if the same thing happens with Predator now that end customers can order direct, at the same price as online retailers.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With MezzUSA, it’s nearly impossible to make money on Mezz cues in North America. Margins are terrible for a distributor. I’m waiting to see if the same thing happens with Predator now that end customers can order direct, at the same price as online retailers.
I’m guessing your hunch is right on the money. I have a wholesale dealer account with both Seyberts and with Mezz and my price for Mezz products from both is virtually identical. In both cases, it’s not nearly the % discount below MSRP as I receive for most other cue and accessory products. Seyberts most likely couldn’t receive enough of a price break from Mezz USA to make it worth it for them to continue stocking and sellIng Mezz products.

It’s unfortunate for the consumer, as I don’t think Mezz USA prices for someone purchasing directly from them without a wholesale account will be as good as the prices Seyberts has had for Mezz cues, shafts and accessories up until their decision to discontinue caring them.

Last edited:

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Unlike with Mezz, Seyberts is an authorized Predator repair station. They actually have parts that are unavailable, even directly from Predator, such as vault plates, BK Rush hybrid leather break tips, shaft decals, etc. Of course, these are only used for repairs.

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed this a while back as inventory was selling down, both with Mezz and Joss products. Glad I got a 30" WX900 uni-loc for like $175 at the end. :thumbup:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know what mezz's volume is, production-wise?

That's a great way to deal with demand that exceeds supply...high pricing.

Way easier than increasing units, yuh know?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Only a few in this country make money on Mezz....price fixing at it's finest. Tried to buy an extension direct from the distributor at SBE with cash in hand...no deals. Wanted to charge full retail.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It’s not the end of the world.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad to say its all about the cash. When dealers disappear like many small business in USA. I will no longer honor the production cues direct at manufacture that solely sells there cue and no dealers. The local cue makers and other dealers get my business in USA.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only a few in this country make money on Mezz....price fixing at it's finest. Tried to buy an extension direct from the distributor at SBE with cash in hand...no deals. Wanted to charge full retail.

Anything expo is tuff action. Everything about it spells expensive for Vendors to be there. Not counting the HUGE fact IRS officials are roaming around. Some Vendors will play and some won't. It's brutal at the end of the day.