• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twisted Turtle

Creator of Unique Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made from grapfruit tree knocked down during hurricane charley 8-13-2004
curly grapefruit handle with 9 twisted laminations of bubinga, walnut, toucanwood, brazzillian cherry. Gaboon ebony forearm and butt, double ebony silver rings, blue abalone dots, 3/8-10 stainless pin. maple shaft 13mm, everest medium tip. 19.9 ounces. $1600 obo prototype # pr008-1 of only 12 that will be made! You can check out my other cues at www.twistedturtlecustomcues.com Free shipping in the US.:smile:

Attachments

• twisted turtle cue pictures 090.jpg
    twisted turtle cue pictures 090.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 438
  • twisted turtle cue pictures 091.jpg
    twisted turtle cue pictures 091.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 430
  • twisted turtle cue pictures 092.jpg
    twisted turtle cue pictures 092.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 431
  • twisted turtle cue pictures 095.jpg
    twisted turtle cue pictures 095.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 434
  • twisted turtle cue pictures 094.jpg
    twisted turtle cue pictures 094.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 444

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I have long been a fan of stories that go with art.

As a college student, for instance, I studied Viet Nam war history. At the end of the course, every student had to do a final project that represented their learning experience. One guy who was handy with a chainsaw cut a log into a bust statue of a soldier. The carving's head was oddly scortched black. When presenting, he explained that he had chosen a log split by a lightning bolt. The vets who taught the class were tearful over that one.

Sometimes the story changes everything.

A hurricane cue is a really cool idea, particularly for those who experienced the hurricane itself. It marks the event in a meaningful way for the builder and sets the cue off as a true limited item...without having to play the numbers game of stamping it and saying it is rare. I think the design you chose is very tasteful and the swirling chaos of the many wrap laminates speaks of the storm itself.

Last edited:

Twisted Turtle

Creator of Unique Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still wish i had kept this cue!

Made from grapfruit tree knocked down during hurricane charley 8-13-2004
curly grapefruit handle with 9 twisted laminations of bubinga, walnut, toucanwood, brazzillian cherry. Gaboon ebony forearm and butt, double ebony silver rings, blue abalone dots, 3/8-10 stainless pin. maple shaft 13mm, everest medium tip. 19.9 ounces. $1600 obo prototype # pr008-1 of only 12 that will be made! You can check out my other cues at www.twistedturtlecustomcues.com Free shipping in the US.:smile:
This was a memorable cue for me wish i had kept this one and a few of the others I've made. New custom designs on my new website Chi Megwitch!

Attachments

• 20110507-_DSC0004.jpg
    20110507-_DSC0004.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 190