Check out this new Twisted Turtle Custom Cue

Twisted Turtle

Creator of Unique Cues
Silver Member
This is a custom ordered Jump/Break Cue that is getting ready to ship out.

kamanijumpbreakcue001.jpg

kamanijumpbreakcue021.jpg

kamanijumpbreakcue018.jpg

kamanijumpbreakcue016.jpg

kamanijumpbreakcue007.jpg

This Kamani Cue features a solid Kamani handle. The forearm and butt have been laminated 6 times with walnut veneers. The Kamani is part of my 77series cutting method. This cue has 6 silver rings with abalone dots. the butt is ivory. total cue weight with shaft is 18.5 oz.
The shaft is a OB-2 jump break shaft with an Tiger Everest medium tip. Also features matching ring work.
Custom joint protectors are included with this cue.
3/8 -10 stainless joint pins for wonderful wood on wood performance!

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
This is a custom ordered Jump/Break Cue that is getting ready to ship out.

kamanijumpbreakcue001.jpg

kamanijumpbreakcue021.jpg

kamanijumpbreakcue016.jpg

kamanijumpbreakcue007.jpg

This Kamani Cue features a solid Kamani handle. The forearm and butt have been laminated 6 times with walnut veneers. The Kamani is part of my 77series cutting method. This cue has 6 silver rings with abalone dots. the butt is ivory. total cue weight with shaft is 18.5 oz.
The shaft is a OB-2 jump break shaft with an Tiger Everest medium tip. Also features matching ring work.
Custom joint protectors are included with this cue.
3/8 -10 stainless joint pins for wonderful wood on wood performance!

Nice looking cue! Hope they sell well for you.

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
The cue is REALLY BEAUTIFUL, but .... I Really love those Joint Protectors. They are REALLY CLASSY!

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I really appreciate the positive comments! Anyone have any questions??

The cue is very attractive.. My only concern would be the Kamuii Medium tip for a jumper or breaker.. Generally a hard tip would much better suit that type of cue.

Why did you chose to go with a Kamuii Med??

What do you charge for a cue like this??

Peace, JoeyK

Last edited:

Twisted Turtle

Creator of Unique Cues
Silver Member
Thanks Joeyk!
The tip is actually a Tiger Everest Medium the customer ordered . I accidently posted this cue in the wrong section, newby! Sorry everyone much apologies! Send me a PM for a price on this cue. Chi Megwiich! Ron

Twisted Turtle

Creator of Unique Cues
Silver Member
This cue was custom built for Eric Murrell From Key West FL. Eric loves a good one pocket game! Let us design one for you today!

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
This cue looks very nice but if you don't mind I would make one suggestion. It's been my experience that when you decide where to make the division on a jump break cue you do not want a thin ring such as your silver ring to be where you make the break. It will hold up better if you have a thicker ring with more gluing surface so that the silver ring does not at some point come loose. I'll admit that it's more aesthetically pleasing the way you made this, but I'm afraid you could have some problems down the road. Please don't take this a criticism, just advice from over 30 years experience.

Sherm

Twisted Turtle

Creator of Unique Cues
Silver Member
Thanks Sherm!

Thanks Sherm,
I will keep that in mind, Eric has reported no problems so far. Thanks again for your kind comments. Ron:thumbup:

Spider1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great looking cue, and certainly unique and eye catching! Very nice job!

I'd be curious to see pictures of the steps involved in doing work like that, but I imagine that would just cause worries about people copying and ripping off style//method etc. :(

Twisted Turtle

Creator of Unique Cues
Silver Member
What a great looking cue, and certainly unique and eye catching! Very nice job!

I'd be curious to see pictures of the steps involved in doing work like that, but I imagine that would just cause worries about people copying and ripping off style//method etc. :(

Spider, Good catch. My process is patented. I discovered the process quite by accident and have tried to protect myself with the patent. To help you understand the process a bit better (without giving away the store!) here is what I have said on my web site:

The actual method requires many tedious hours of careful planning and execution to produce the patterns that you see here. The cue blanks and veneers are hand cut. Each twisted lamination is glued up and pressed by hand. Each lamination is glued up individually. So, the more laminations, or the more twists, the more time and effort is involved in creating the piece.

The actual finished product is a result of 5 years of trial and error, leading up to the finished cues that are shown here. A truly hand made custom cue! No two cues will ever be totally alike.

Hope that helps. But ... not too much! LOL

Last edited:

Spider1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spider, Good catch. My process is patented. I discovered the process quite by accident and have tried to protect myself with the patent. To help you understand the process a bit better (without giving away the store!) here is what I have said on my web site:

The actual method requires many tedious hours of careful planning and execution to produce the patterns that you see here. The cue blanks and veneers are hand cut. Each twisted lamination is glued up and pressed by hand. Each lamination is glued up individually. So, the more laminations, or the more twists, the more time and effort is involved in creating the piece.

The actual finished product is a result of 5 years of trial and error, leading up to the finished cues that are shown here. A truly hand made custom cue! No two cues will ever be totally alike.

Hope that helps. But ... not too much! LOL

Neat stuff, thanks for the info. I can imagine it being quite the process! I have done some woodwork myself (but not cues) and it looks like that would be a big PITA to get looking as nice as you do. Again, great looking cue, cheers! :)