AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Kamui Chalk on the cloth
Old
  (#1)
xopher
AzB Bronze Member
xopher is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Kamui Chalk on the cloth - 03-25-2013, 10:19 PM

How do you feel as a room owner about players using kamui chalk? Does it leave any sort of residue on the cloth? Not sure if we want to allow it. Afraid it may leave some sort of waxy build up. Has anyone noticed?

Thanks

Old
  (#2)
super195v
AzB Silver Member
super195v has a reputation beyond reputesuper195v has a reputation beyond reputesuper195v has a reputation beyond reputesuper195v has a reputation beyond reputesuper195v has a reputation beyond reputesuper195v has a reputation beyond reputesuper195v has a reputation beyond reputesuper195v has a reputation beyond reputesuper195v has a reputation beyond reputesuper195v has a reputation beyond reputesuper195v has a reputation beyond repute

03-26-2013, 07:12 PM

I've used it on my home table on and off. Never noticed any difficulty with cleaning the table. I have had Simonis 760 on the table before and now 860 HR and its still no problem. Hope this helps, not a room owner but same idea.

Player: Kikel
Break: Predator BK2
Jump: Lomax
Case: JB 4x8 Butterfly

chalk residue
Old
  (#3)
afftonbilliards
AzB Silver Member
afftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond repute

chalk residue - 03-26-2013, 11:02 PM

I had a customer that came in once a week and played for about 2 hours. He would chalk up after every shot using Kamui. After about 6 of those sessions, I noticed a residue build up on the table. It left a gray, dingy oily-looking coating that has not come out with 3 different cleanings with Woolite. Of course, this type of chalk use is not recommended by the manufacturer. I think it does leave a reside that is not easily dealt with. However, I never mentioned it to the player because it could not be proven and he stopped coming in - I guess he didn't like the look of the cloth.

Big Al

Last edited by afftonbilliards; 03-27-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Old
  (#4)
Kamuitipsdotcom
AzB Silver Member
Kamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond reputeKamuitipsdotcom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

03-28-2013, 09:55 PM

Hi all that are concerned,
When we finished development of the Kamui chalk we understood that there would be surface smears, so we made sure that there is a cleaner that works. https://www.seyberts.com/products/Si...100773-92.html

The Kamui chalk does not get under the cloth... ;-) so where do you want the chalk to go? I'd rather it be on the surface to clean off than under the cloth messing with the play of the table and ruining the cloth from the underside.

I hope this helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afftonbilliards View Post
I had a customer that came in once a week and played for about 2 hours. He would chalk up after every shot using Kamui. After about 6 of those sessions, I noticed a residue build up on the table. It left a gray, dingy oily-looking coating that has not come out with 3 different cleanings with Woolite. Of course, this type of chalk use is not recommended by the manufacturer. I think it does leave a reside that is not easily dealt with. However, I never mentioned it to the player because it could not be proven and he stopped coming in - I guess he didn't like the look of the cloth.

Big Al

Authorized Kamui USA Master Distributor Since 2004
877-GO-KAMUI (465-2684)

Old
  (#5)
izquik72
AzB Silver Member
izquik72 has a reputation beyond reputeizquik72 has a reputation beyond reputeizquik72 has a reputation beyond reputeizquik72 has a reputation beyond reputeizquik72 has a reputation beyond reputeizquik72 has a reputation beyond reputeizquik72 has a reputation beyond reputeizquik72 has a reputation beyond reputeizquik72 has a reputation beyond reputeizquik72 has a reputation beyond reputeizquik72 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 100

03-29-2013, 02:05 PM

So a $25 cube of chalk needs a special cleaner that cost another $90?

Interesting

chalk "oil" residue
Old
  (#6)
afftonbilliards
AzB Silver Member
afftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond repute

chalk "oil" residue - 03-29-2013, 05:40 PM

Our tables are cleaned at least once a day with a machine that vacuums and brushes and has a static-attraction element. I feel confident the Kamui solid dust is successfully removed. The main concern is what appears to be an oily coating on the cloth. Are you saying the "X" cleaner is something other than a microfiber cloth in a frame? Can this device remove an oily substance? Maybe I should backup and ask a couple of questions, especially being able to communicate with the Kamui rep.
1. Does Kamui chalk have oil or oil-like substances in it? (Master chalk is used as our house product with no oily residue problems on the tables). Is this what keeps the dust on top of the cloth and not settling into the cloth?
2. Do you consider chalking after every shot with Kamui excessive or incorrect use?
3. Would it be proper to ask a customer not to "Kamui" so often?
4. Have room operators or individual users mentioned this concern?
Thank you for answering this forum - your concern is much appreciated.

Big Al

Old
  (#7)
str8shooter
AzB Silver Member
str8shooter has a reputation beyond reputestr8shooter has a reputation beyond reputestr8shooter has a reputation beyond reputestr8shooter has a reputation beyond reputestr8shooter has a reputation beyond reputestr8shooter has a reputation beyond reputestr8shooter has a reputation beyond reputestr8shooter has a reputation beyond reputestr8shooter has a reputation beyond reputestr8shooter has a reputation beyond reputestr8shooter has a reputation beyond repute

03-29-2013, 07:17 PM

I use Kamui .98 on my Wine colored simonis and have almost no chalk marks.2 minutes of my time with a regular old brush and its all gone.If I use blue masters my table has multiple streaks all over it.

Its a great product if used properly,no need to chalk up every shot.I do notice marks on the cue ball but a polishing after a few hundred balls and as good as new.

Kamui
Old
  (#8)
Rain-Man
Team Deplorable
Rain-Man has a reputation beyond reputeRain-Man has a reputation beyond reputeRain-Man has a reputation beyond reputeRain-Man has a reputation beyond reputeRain-Man has a reputation beyond reputeRain-Man has a reputation beyond reputeRain-Man has a reputation beyond reputeRain-Man has a reputation beyond reputeRain-Man has a reputation beyond reputeRain-Man has a reputation beyond reputeRain-Man has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Kamui - 04-28-2013, 09:44 PM

I have Simonis 860hr on my Diamonds and personally use Kamui chalk on them every day, and on every shot. I've never had a problem whatsoever simply vacuuming it off..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: