International Open

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Down 0 - 9 gets ahead 10 - 9 and loses 10 - 11, you cant make this stuff up.

We probably missed one of the greatest matches ever!!!

Time for more cameras, even if we have to sponsor them.

I'll sponsor a camera over 1 table next year, need 10 more people. Straight over the top and recording all matches.

How in this day and age are we missing these things?

Seriously?

No, really. Roy's puts matches on FB nonstop and we miss this???

Sofla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Down 0 - 9 gets ahead 10 - 9 and loses 10 - 11, you cant make this stuff up.

We probably missed one of the greatest matches ever!!!

Time for more cameras, even if we have to sponsor them.

I'll sponsor a camera over 1 table next year, need 10 more people. Straight over the top and recording all matches.

How in this day and age are we missing these things?

Seriously?

No, really. Roy's puts matches on FB nonstop and we miss this???

What do you mean, 'we' missed it, smorg rep? :smile:

I didn't miss it. The last two games played (before game 21) turned on some insane kicks out of safety hooks. The last one Shane did may have done him in a little psychologically, apparently. Max had sent him to the foot side of the table, hooked behind the 8. The 4 was around the middle of the head rail, just off the rail. Shane semi-massed around the 8, trying to get the rail behind the 4 and kick it back down table. Shane's cue ball came into the rail a little further than planned from the 4, and instead of kicking and sticking, it back cut it down the rail very slowly. It bobbled a little and then fell.

The crowd exploded in applause, but he knew that wasn't his planned shot. Maybe feeling a little guilt (that was a theory from some other players afterwards, at least), he missed a simple shot on the 5 to let Max get on the double hill. Then the snapped 9 came out straight out of the rack directly to the foot pocket, as if the balls below it were loose.

A wild match, ending wild. Just stunning.

You have a great idea about the cameras. I'd sponsor one myself. If this can gather some momentum, it would be fantastic. I think I remember the IPT had actual monitors on all tables, also (at least on one face).

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

I didn't miss it. The last two games played (before game 21) turned on some insane kicks out of safety hooks. The last one Shane did may have done him in a little psychologically, apparently. Max had sent him to the foot side of the table, hooked behind the 8. The 4 was around the middle of the head rail, just off the rail. Shane semi-massed around the 8, trying to get the rail behind the 4 and kick it back down table. Shane's cue ball came into the rail a little further than planned from the 4, and instead of kicking and sticking, it back cut it down the rail very slowly. It bobbled a little and then fell.

The crowd exploded in applause, but he knew that wasn't his planned shot. Maybe feeling a little guilt (that was a theory from some other players afterwards, at least), he missed a simple shot on the 5 to let Max get on the double hill. Then the snapped 9 came out straight out of the rack directly to the foot pocket, as if the balls below it were loose.

You have a great idea about the cameras. I'd sponsor one myself. If this can gather some momentum, it would be fantastic. I think I remember the IPT had actual monitors on all tables, also (at least on one face).

Contemplating coming down late tomorrow, owe you a beer or 2.

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member

Then the snapped 9 came out straight out of the rack directly to the foot pocket, as if the balls below it were loose.

..).

If that is true, and I lost a match like that on hill-hill, racked by a ref with magic rack - I would go mental on the refs racking. That should never happen :eek:

EDIT, just saw a video of the break on FB: Cue ball came back from the rail and knocked the 9 in - it did not come straight out of the rack

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One camera on all tables but, have five cameras on designated tables (2 or 3), one on each side, one at each end and one overhead.

I know a little about setting up cameras and streaming and I know it would be a nightmare but, it's doable and IMO it would be worth it for certain events. Of course, not all events would fly like that but, a couple would do well set up like that.

Events set up like that would cost a good deal more to stream, which means it would be expensive (very expensive) to watch the stream but, it would be worth every single penny.

That's one reason I don't purchase more streams than I do. They usually have one set up halfway right and at best, a second table set up in a half-a55 manor.

With the exception of 1hole and 14.1, I could do without commentary. As a matter of fact, I really don't care for it on most other games.

Some streams are just pitiful and cost way more than most are willing to pay, while some streams are free or close to it and set up and run much, much better.

There is a happy medium between quantity and quality but, IMO some of our choices fall short on both ends which again, is one of the biggest reasons their viewership is so low most of the time.

If I was in better health, I would love to take part in the event streaming.

Jeff

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the 9 went str8 in the corner and not kissed, then 1 or both balls behind the 9 were not froze ! Were they racking there own or a ref racked them like on the streaming table??
The rule MUST be changed in this format to the 9 does not count in the bottom 2 corner pockets !!!! If they rack their own, then its on them.
A tournament is supposed to find the best player that week !
It shouldn't come down to an inept ref that can't rack the balls !!
Pitiful

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They wouldn't allow the extra cameras b/c then less people would but the ppv.

Solution:

Supply the cameras themselves. Allow the customer to switch between which table they want to watch, and keep one table as the designated streaming table with multiple cameras and commentary.

It's incredible how Accu Stats is still so far behind when it comes to streaming.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the 9 went str8 in the corner and not kissed, then 1 or both balls behind the 9 were not froze ! Were they racking there own or a ref racked them like on the streaming table??
The rule MUST be changed in this format to the 9 does not count in the bottom 2 corner pockets !!!! If they rack their own, then its on them.
A tournament is supposed to find the best player that week !
It shouldn't come down to an inept ref that can't rack the balls !!
Pitiful

Watch the video of that golden break. What was wrong with the rack? It's a 9-ball with some luck involved and it just happens the breaking player makes a good break...
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217456570458956&id=1016348619

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Solution:

Supply the cameras themselves. Allow the customer to switch between which table they want to watch, and keep one table as the designated streaming table with multiple cameras and commentary.

It's incredible how Accu Stats is still so far behind when it comes to streaming.

It sucks to buy a stream and watch to lesser players while to champions are battling it out a couple tables from them.

Jeff

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Have they said next years dates yet? I have been going to the US Open when it was in this area for a long time and the IOpen when it became that. I missed this year due to the dates. I didn't want to miss Halloween with my kids.

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The 9-Ball did not go straight into the corner pocket.
What happened was the cue ball bounced off the side rail after hitting the 1-Ball.
Then, the cueball clipped the 9-Ball, which was sitting still in the Accu-Rack, cutting it perfectly into the corner pocket.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Congrats to emerging young star Lechner on a great win, but despite the loss, I think SVB may have found a gear that will play well on the B side of the draw and he must still be reckoned a title contender.