If you stick that in google search, it says:

3.89711431703 inches

or 3 7/8ths (3.875)

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Say you want to spot 9b on the spot. How far up should the 1b spot be? thanx
I smell a trick question.
Move the rack where ever you want, "The spot" should never be changed.
WHY? All ball sets are not exactly the same size.
I have 4 sets of pool balls (inch), 1.128", 2", 2.128", 2.25". Relocating "the spot" for your question would also change trajectories of the different size balls.

I also have 2 sets of snooker balls. One is 2" the other 2.25".
Try playing snooker with 2.25" ball size on a 7 foot table with TRIPLE pocket pads. :grin-devilish:

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I smell a trick question.
Move the rack where ever you want, "The spot" should never be changed.
WHY? All ball sets are not exactly the same size.
I have 4 sets of pool balls (inch), 1.128", 2", 2.128", 2.25". Relocating "the spot" for your question would also change trajectories of the different size balls.

I also have 2 sets of snooker balls. One is 2" the other 2.25".
Try playing snooker with 2.25" ball size on a 7 foot table with TRIPLE pocket pads. :grin-devilish:
Jewett knew what i meant. I don't use funky sized balls. I'm not wanting to re-locate the spot just want to know proper spacing for "secondary" spot when racking 9 0n the spot. No trick question.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Jewett knew what i meant. I don't use funky sized balls. I'm not wanting to re-locate the spot just want to know proper spacing for "secondary" spot when racking 9 0n the spot. No trick question.
1st, I'm not being facetious, just answering.

Funky size balls? :p
I have them to have them. It's like a conversation piece that's actually playable.

IF you were to micrometer and measure several sets of balls you'll find they are not all that consistent. Close sure.

Not a trick question? OK, maybe I have a cold. ;)
But my answer is viable. Why confuse others with 2 or more 'foot spots'?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1st, I'm not being facetious, just answering.

Funky size balls? :p
I have them to have them. It's like a conversation piece that's actually playable.

IF you were to micrometer and measure several sets of balls you'll find they are not all that consistent. Close sure.

Not a trick question? OK, maybe I have a cold. ;)
But my answer is viable. Why confuse others with 2 or more 'foot spots'?
You must be easily confused is all i can say. If you are playing 9b on the spot you need to know where to consistently place 1b. All you need to do is put a small dot with a magic marker or cut the center out of a stick-on spot. All we use is standard size balls not conversation pieces. I've got my info so i'm done here. Jeez.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
You must be easily confused is all i can say. If you are playing 9b on the spot you need to know where to consistently place 1b. All you need to do is put a small dot with a magic marker or cut the center out of a stick-on spot. All we use is standard size balls not conversation pieces. I've got my info so i'm done here. Jeez.
Jeez DUUUUDE, no need for sarcasm. IF you can't answer to my info respectfully, don't post.
"If you have nothing positive to say, say nothing."
IF you're old enough, you might know that old saying. <== SEE, sarcasm.
You asked, I answered. Take it or leave it. SIMPLE.
But do try and understand others info and why it MIGHT BE more accurate.
Ya, I'm done here also. ;)

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One ball should be frozen to the two balls above the nine which in turn are also frozen to the nine.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
why can't you just throw the balls out on the table, and forget the break?

:dance:

Problem solved.

Anyone know were to get some 2.75" balls...?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Say you want to spot 9b on the spot. How far up should the 1b spot be? thanx
Roughly 3 - 7/8” above the center of the foot spot. if you go on Amazon you can find sheets of some of the small 1/2” snooker spots, quite inexpensive, which is what we use here, as we rack the nine on the spot for our weekly nine ball tournaments. If you don’t use a spot and just use a marker, before long you’ll wear through the cloth at the base of that one ball.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Other ways to handle the 9-ball on the spot issue using a triangle rack:

1. Rack just the front 6 balls, so you can easily see to rack the 9-ball on the foot spot.

2. With the rack still in place, add the back 3 balls by hand and tighten the rack.

OR:

1. Rack just the front 6 balls, so you can easily see to rack the 9-ball on the foot spot. Remove the rack.

2. Add the back 3 balls by hand.

3. IF NEEDED, carefully replace the rack over all 9 balls and tighten them.

Last edited: