Blue gold crown 1

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Early I’s had plastic nameplates but the change was made early on in the production run because they were fragile and prone to cracking.

detroitfan0877

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found the issue with brunstone... its brittle! All 3 pieces snapped right down the middle from being in the back of uhaul.

Who needs gc parts? Ha

If you are going to seriously part it out send me a p.m. i might be interested in a few things depending on the circumstances.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on finding the table, but so sorry to hear about the Brunstone breakage. You might be able to find a replacement set from one of the guys restoring these old Brunswick commercials. If they don't have the old original available they can probably give you a good source for getting the right set for your GC. I have a set that I would be willing to donate, but they are too small for your table.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on finding the table, but so sorry to hear about the Brunstone breakage. You might be able to find a replacement set from one of the guys restoring these old Brunswick commercials. If they don't have the old original available they can probably give you a good source for getting the right set for your GC. I have a set that I would be willing to donate, but they are too small for your table.

Thanks for the ideas, but I'm just going to part it out. If I didn't already have a table, I would be eager to track down a set of slates.

Ian

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I never knew the difference between slate and brunstone. Slate is gray. Was brunstone a dull brown color?

Yes it is more brown in color and I believe a little thicker than slate. When I got my table it had brunstone that had crowned, possibly from being in a high humidity environment, although I'm not 100% sure why it happened.

My understanding is real slate has more flexibility and can be coaxed back to level, whereas the brunstone not so much. Perhaps that's why they cracked in transport for the OP, especially if he laid them flat during transport. I bought a new set of slates from Classic Billiards before restoring my table.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Early I’s had plastic nameplates but the change was made early on in the production run because they were fragile and prone to cracking.

When I got my table the name plate popped off when they took it apart. I was going to replace it with a metal one until I found out it the history of the 1's so I decided to clean it up and reattached it.

Attachments

• IMG_4865.jpg
    IMG_4865.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 164

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Brunstone had a large crack. Jeremy Chambers took it back to his shop broke it clean and glued it back together. It was a good repair and saved me from buying new slate. I love my GC.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I got my table the name plate popped off when they took it apart. I was going to replace it with a metal one until I found out it the history of the 1's so I decided to clean it up and reattached it.

This is the nicest plastic name plate I have seen on a table. I have seen a few racks with mint plastic nameplates, but never one this good on a table.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Just picked up this table. It needs cosmetic TLC but otherwise good shape. Cushions are original and seem good. Also came w a wall rack that someone painted black. It will need rexus31 touch to come back to life.

I couldnt pass it up at 100$

Congrats !!!! Thats a heck of a bargain. Finally someone got a better deal than I did unless you figure I paid $150 for the floor standing double sided cue rack and $150 for the Hoppe Titlist that both came with my table. :)

Have fun with it, dont you already have one?? Please share pics when you have it all prettied up.

I just read the rest of the thread, Im sorry to hear about the Brunstone, what a bummer.

Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats !!!! Thats a heck of a bargain. Finally someone got a better deal than I did unless you figure I paid $150 for the floor standing double sided cue rack and $150 for the Hoppe Titlist that both came with my table. :)

Have fun with it, dont you already have one?? Please share pics when you have it all prettied up.

I just read the rest of the thread, Im sorry to hear about the Brunstone, what a bummer.

Its probably better this way. I didn't need a 3rd table. I'll just keep the aprons and skirts so I can do "wardrobe changes" as needed on my 9fter. Go from a yellow dress to a blue one. :grin-square:

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Its probably better this way. I didn't need a 3rd table. I'll just keep the aprons and skirts so I can do "wardrobe changes" as needed on my 9fter. Go from a yellow dress to a blue one. :grin-square:

A spare set of rails dont hurt to have if the Formica is still nice.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here Xianmacx has some serious misfortune with his GC 1. Hear's my GC is missing a couple of pieces, what does he do? Boxes em up and ships them out to me. Blown away. Thank you sir! Extremely kind and generous act.

Stay safe everyone.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here Xianmacx has some serious misfortune with his GC 1. Hear's my GC is missing a couple of pieces, what does he do? Boxes em up and ships them out to me. Blown away. Thank you sir! Extremely kind and generous act.

Stay safe everyone.

A friend of a GC1 is a friend of mine! :)

Did you post finished pictures of yours? We have very few Tangerines tables in our galleries.

Ian

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of a GC1 is a friend of mine! :)

Did you post finished pictures of yours? We have very few Tangerines tables in our galleries.

Ian

I've got it posted in the original "Barn Find" thread by Rexus. Still working on the light and cue rack. I'll post when done.