South West cue??

Grumpy

Senior Citizen
Silver Member
Does anyone know of a way to identify an alleged older South West Sneaky Pete? Does such a thing exist?? Any input you have would be welcomed.
Thanks, Bill

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Does anyone know of a way to identify an alleged older South West Sneaky Pete? Does such a thing exist?? Any input you have would be welcomed.
Thanks, Bill

Never saw one. That said dont mean they dont exist. If it's real I'd like to hear the back story...But just as a prominent collector told me recently, it dont make a hill a' beans difference if it dont have the COA... That goes for a many other cues as well. Buy it with the contingency that Laurie Franklin authenticates it.

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Sw

Thanks, Bill

You posting some pictures would help.
Picture of the joint and pin might help to.

If it was custom ordered why wouldn't thy make a SP.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never saw one. That said dont mean they dont exist. If it's real I'd like to hear the back story...But just as a prominent collector told me recently, it dont make a hill a' beans difference if it dont have the COA... That goes for a many other cues as well. Buy it with the contingency that Laurie Franklin authenticates it.

COA don't mean a thing. Anyone with a decent printer can whip one up that looks "real".
Since the collectibles market exploded you have to be wary of them being the only means of authentication.
Also, I've never seen or heard of a sneaky pete Southwest, either.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Quick call to SouthWest can confirm a COA. Also, if your SW has a numbered pin, they likely will have the order records.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
COA don't mean a thing. Anyone with a decent printer can whip one up that looks "real".
Since the collectibles market exploded you have to be wary of them being the only means of authentication.
Also, I've never seen or heard of a sneaky pete Southwest, either.

Just call SW about the COA. Send them a dteailed pic of it. If they created it they'll confirm.. Problem solved.

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
South West

South West has made a few Sneaky Pete cues, and they are legit.
I have hit with a couple, they play like they should.🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵

cesarmorales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A guy in Texas recently sold one for around 3k. I understand the guy that sold it purchased it new from southwest. A number of pool cue dealers in the area backed up the fact that they knew when this guy purchased the cue from southwest, etc.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a Kers. SP in the area years ago. The story goes that he only built two of them and both of the players were from the Louisville area that ordered them.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just call SW about the COA. Send them a dteailed pic of it. If they created it they'll confirm.. Problem solved.

Problem solved for a SW.

But I am sure you are aware that COAs are the biggest scam going in the collectibles market.

COAs aren't good forever either. They are only good for as long as they can be verified. If the cue maker that made your COA is gone, you may have a problem with your COA.

Though the esteemed collector you spoke to was correct, it is just as correct to say that most COAs aren't worth a hill of beans, to put in in similar terms to your own.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Problem solved for a SW.

But I am sure you are aware that COAs are the biggest scam going in the collectibles market.

COAs aren't good forever either. They are only good for as long as they can be verified. If the cue maker that made your COA is gone, you may have a problem with your COA.

Though the esteemed collector you spoke to was correct, it is just as correct to say that most COAs aren't worth a hill of beans, to put in in similar terms to your own.

Wrong buddy... the COA for SW cues, and all other current makers cues, are provable in today's "world"... Tomorrow?, well at that "time" I guess you MAY have to have "experts" just like there is for Bushka's now won't you... There are plenty of those who would qualify for authenticating SW cues out there and if "they" are here as long as "we" are here I guess that's all that matters now don't it... I can come up with arbitrary situations regarding anything but I choose to stick on the topic of cues...

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Wrong buddy... the COA for SW cues, and all other current makers cues, are provable in today's "world"... Tomorrow?, well at that "time" I guess you MAY have to have "experts" just like there is for Bushka's now won't you... There are plenty of those who would qualify for authenticating SW cues out there and if "they" are here as long as "we" are here I guess that's all that matters now don't it... I can come up with arbitrary situations regarding anything but I choose to stick on the topic of cues...

I think that you just repeated what Chop said.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong buddy....

LOL!

Sorry. I'll leave you alone.

Was trying to contribute facts. You just need to feel right. We are essentially in agreement but you feel to type a big "WRONG".

Next you'll be doing the whole "you don't know who I am" chest puffing thing.

Sorry for looking at the bigger picture. Some of us must have a bigger world I guess.

Bye.

LOL!

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Problem solved for a SW.

I think I said this a few posts back:confused: You certainly are right, that's for sure.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
LOL!

Sorry. I'll leave you alone.

Was trying to contribute facts. You just need to feel right. We are essentially in agreement but you feel to type a big "WRONG".

Next you'll be doing the whole "you don't know who I am" chest puffing thing.

Sorry for looking at the bigger picture. Some of us must have a bigger world I guess.

Bye.

LOL!

Actually what you were doing was stating the obvious. But none of it pertained to the situation the OP is in... If we were talking about those "other" collectibles THEN there may be some teeth and reason for your comments. But lets keep the topic on pool cues where my comments ARE valid...

Enjoy your "bigger" world... I'm sure in THAT world your "chest" is mghty puffy...LOL

Enjoy A Blessed Easter!