10-32 Tuff Nut

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since A2Z is no longer in business and Taig does not make these does anyone know of any place that has these?

It would be easy enough to make them but would rather buy them and skip all the work if possible.

These are for the T slot on the Taig cross slide.

These are much stronger and last almost forever, huge improvement over the standard square nuts.

Thank you

Attachments

• 51HbacCTqbL._AC_.jpg
    51HbacCTqbL._AC_.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Deadbeat,

I have contacted the seller to see if they will fit the Taig cross slide slots. I bought some a while back online that were described the same way and they were to wide on the stem part not the base, if it was the base it would have been easy to take some off.

Hey Bb Cue, did you ever receive a response from the seller re: your question?

I’m looking for a nut like this as well.

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Bb Cue, did you ever receive a response from the seller re: your question?

I’m looking for a nut like this as well.

I got a response from him that they do not fit, he also gave me a link to some that said they fit the Taig setup but a friend of mine said they did not fit correctly either.

They are easy enough to make with my mill just have to stop being lazy and do it.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a response from him that they do not fit, he also gave me a link to some that said they fit the Taig setup but a friend of mine said they did not fit correctly either.

They are easy enough to make with my mill just have to stop being lazy and do it.

Wouldn’t it be easier to open up the cross slide part and just use the ones that are ‘too big’ on the top part? Seems to be the easier route than trying to mill new nuts.

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn’t it be easier to open up the cross slide part and just use the ones that are ‘too big’ on the top part? Seems to be the easier route than trying to mill new nuts.

Thanks for the suggestion, the easy solution is sometimes overlooked. But then the nuts I already have would be a little sloppy but that would not hinder them from doing their job either.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestion, the easy solution is sometimes overlooked. But then the nuts I already have would be a little sloppy but that would not hinder them from doing their job either.

The time and effort to mill new nuts outweighs the cost of just buying the ‘too big stem’ nuts. Unless you can mill a thousand or so to sell them. It’d be wiser to just buy replacements for the ones you have now and just sell off the old ones.

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The time and effort to mill new nuts outweighs the cost of just buying the ‘too big stem’ nuts. Unless you can mill a thousand or so to sell them. It’d be wiser to just buy replacements for the ones you have now and just sell off the old ones.

You are very correct on the time and effort. I really do not plan on making a bunch of these to try and sell them, it is to much time and work doing them manually. For my personal use just making about 10 would just be something to do to entertain myself. Trying to manually make a thousand would be a bigger job than what I would be interested in.

Like Hits'em Hard stated, it would be much easier to get the over sized t-nuts and make them fit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324177019963

Last edited: