Revo backorder issues...

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't say that. You'll have someone tell you to get a better job and that they spend more than that on gold toilet paper and bottles of wine.

Gold is a little rough around the edges. Platinum is much better.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eat more Ramen noodles is my advice! It's all about sacrifice.

If I'm going to sacrifice 500, it will be for a rifle. You can't tell me the production of that shaft is any more complex then, say, making a composite fishing pole. They are the only one making one, and they will cjarge whatever they want to. And it certainly cant be more complex then making a rifle, or the cost of the materials that go into a rifle.

But is it really worth 500, when I can get a complete OB CUE with choice of shaft with it? Just because a pro plays with it don't mean squat to me. That 500 dollar shaft isn't going to pocket any more balls for me then my 314' 2 will.

I do see one advantage..... It will never warp! If I try one someday, I might change my mind. But it will still have to come down in price.

Last edited:

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
If I'm going to sacrifice 500, it will be for a rifle. You can't tell me the production of that shaft is any more complex then, say, making a composite fishing pole. They are the only one making one, and they will cjarge whatever they want to. And it certainly cant be more complex then making a rifle, or the cost of the materials that go into a rifle.

But is it really worth 500, when I can get a complete OB CUE with choice of shaft with it? Just because a pro plays with it don't mean squat to me. That 500 dollar shaft isn't going to pocket any more balls for me then my 314' 2 will.

I do see one advantage..... It will never warp! If I try one someday, I might change my mind. But it will still have to come down in price.

Get the rifle instead. Firearms hold their value very well, even your regular production stuff.

Pool gear plummets in value, with the exception of very rare, high-demand custom cues. To make matters worse, pool culture is full of low-ballers worse than I've seen anywhere else. They want everything for nothing.

If accuracy is your goal, spending more actually equates to real world performance gains in rifles. The REVO does not make players better. Wood shafts are accurate enough within any kind of measurable margin of error, that the performance differences are ultimately a non-factor in anyone's game. Period.

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He said they had a much greater demand then expected and are struggling to up production.

The rep I talked to at DCC said the Revos are were made at the "engineering" facility in the USA, not at the production plant overseas. (At least that is my remembrance of what he said.) That is the main reason for the long wait time. I tried to buy one there, but no luck.

Charlie

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have a Revo 12.4 with radial joint in stock? I don't want to buy a used one unless the price is really cheap, since it won't have the lifetime warranty that comes with a new one. Since it appears they are struggling to meet demand with the two existing joint options, I expect a 3/8-10 option won't be available anytime soon...

What warranty that comes with with the new one? :rolleyes:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rep I talked to at DCC said the Revos are were made at the "engineering" facility in the USA, not at the production plant overseas. (At least that is my remembrance of what he said.) That is the main reason for the long wait time. I tried to buy one there, but no luck.

Charlie

Well the made in USA part make them more attractive. I assumed they were made in China like the rest of the line. But so were the original 314's. Hope they keep them here.