The Unthinkable...I cannot believe I have to sell her

Retail1LO

Pass the sugar!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
There's no way I can sell this cue without a story why. This cue was never meant to be sold. Ever. Then again...there are a lot of things that have gone on recently that were never supposed to happen. Suppose that's life. Went out on Fat Tuesday with a friend to hang out and party a bit. I had too much to drink, so I gave up my keys. I didn't anticipate however, that my buddy would procede to get hammered as well, and try driving the car. He'd already had 2 prior DUI's, and is facing a 3rd. He was also on a suspended license, and he's going to do some time. Me...I spent all day yesterday downtown with the Philadelphia Parking Authority. I spent $850 paying his fines (I needed to to get my car out of impound), paid $360 for the tow & storage, and $150 for the public defender. My insurance doesn't cover damaged done to the car by a driver under the influence, or a suspended license, much less both. So...yeah...I make the right decision NOT to drive...and I STILL end up in hock for a small fortune. And I still have to pay for the repair work. I don't even want to get into THAT is running me. So...yeah...boo hoo. :( I need to generate some money in pretty short order. I have a number of obligations to meet during the Expo, and I just don't have another means to make ends meet other than this.

It would mean the world to me...if anyone pulls the trigger on this offer...if I'd have the opportunity to buy it back at a 10% higher cost when I get through this, and get myself situated again. I'm not asking for charity. I don't want anything for free (unless you're offering LOL).

Without further adieu...here she is. You all know her.

Rosewood forearm and butt, pink ivory handle and points (8)
Gorgeous friggin' ringwork
2 shafts @ 13 mm
Weight is between 18.5 and 19 oz
Amazing caps created by Alton Takata, some of the finest ever.

*ABSOLUTELY NO TRADES FULL OR PARTIAL*

Shes in absolutely immaculate condition, and THE best playing cue I have had the privilege of playing with my 31 years on God's green Earth. I seriously have tears in my eyes as I post this. :eek: God I love this cue.

$2900

I'll take $3100 however, if you're feeling generous. *laughing*

Add 3% for PayPal I'll cover overnight shipping in the continental U.S.

Man...I'm going straight to the looney bin after this.

DSC01070.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

Last edited:

chiatlard

ohmycarter?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
sorry to hear about the incident.
but good luck with ur sale, its too beautiful a cue to resist. :)

andywho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
what a great looking cue. im sorry for what your going through. to bad i dont have the funds to buy her.

Retail1LO

Pass the sugar!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What damage was done to the car?

Kevin

Smashed a Lexus RX300 into a concrete pole inside a parking garage in downtown Philadelphia. Both airbags deployed. Front passenger side bumper, fender, hood..... You name it. It took one helluva thump...there's no doubt about that. I had it towed straight from the impound to the place where I've had all my prior body work done. It's going through an estimate as we type.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Bummer

Sorry to hear about your luck.

I would have anticipated a buddy who already has 2 dui's to have probably gotten hammered as well and gave my keys to someone more responsible. Oh well that's just me.

I will try to sell off some of my stuff, if I can sell off some of my stuff I will then try to buy your cue. In the meantime good luck with everything.

Kevin

Retail1LO

Pass the sugar!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sorry to hear about your luck.

I would have anticipated a buddy who already has 2 dui's to have probably gotten hammered as well and gave my keys to someone more responsible. Oh well that's just me.

I will try to sell off some of my stuff, if I can sell off some of my stuff I will then try to buy your cue. In the meantime good luck with everything.

Kevin

*laughing* Oh...but there's the rub. There were three of us that went out. I gave them to the responsible one. He decided to jet early...and gave them to the other guy. The rest is...well...history.

The cue has a bite already...but if it falls through, I'll certainly keep you in the loop, boss.

burns420

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
If i were in your situation, it would be my DUI buddy's stuff that would be up for sale. Its an amazing cue though, should go quick. good luck.

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If I had the money I'd buy this cue from you, see how it plays - for the experience!, I can't imagine how sweet this Sugar could be! - and then put it aside for you till you get yourself together and able to purchase it back.

Super sweet cue and I hope you'll reacquire it way sooner than you can imagine.

David

Retail1LO

Pass the sugar!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You guys are awesome. I can't even express how many kind words, and how much generosity has been extended to me already. Don't make me sob like a lil ***** with a skinned knee, dammit. *laughing*

Retail1LO

Pass the sugar!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Good luck with the sale, hope you get it back.

See you at Sullivan's!

Oh...I'll get it back come hell or highwater. I'm definitely trying to move this with the sole intention of getting it back in as short order as possible.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Whow!!

Whoa, Dude! That's bad! Best of luck getting things all straightened out!

I once knew a guy who bought a Crown Cue he was absolutely in love with. Thought it was the best thing in town. (It was one of the very first ones and it was beautiful, so he had a right to feel that way!)

One league night, he and another of the teammates got smashed and drove home. Stopped by the police. Hauled in. Cue was behind the seat in his buddy's pickup truck which was impounded.

We had a notion something wasn't right and found we couldn't reach the guy with the cue. A week or two, or three weeks later, the cue owner is out of jail and finally manages to retrieve his cue from the other guy's truck. Warped as heck with melted finish, thanks to the 100+ degrees temps we were having, let alone the higher temp inside that closed up black truck!! He was about to fall apart over that cue! He gave it to Gene to see if anything could be done. After a week in the cool air, the cue almost completely unwarped itself and the owner just decided to have a new finish put on. I bet he is a little more careful about stuff like that, now. He had just turned 21 and felt it was his duty to drink to the point of being drunk, every time he went to league games. He also thought he played better drunk, but his average crashed over it. Wonder if he ever figured it out.

Sad when the kids don't have enough self-respect to realize they do NOT have to get messed up, just because they've turned legal.

Best of luck with your cue situation. Next time, don't drink. If you must drink, call a cab. KEEP your keys.

Last edited: