Does anyone have Ronnie Allen on video playing

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one pocket?
I would love to see him play one more time I would like to buy some dvds of Ronnie playing and Eddie Kelly,Eddie Taylor and Jersey Red too

even better if there is a link

surely Jay has some

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
one pocket?
I would love to see him play one more time I would like to buy some dvds of Ronnie playing and Eddie Kelly,Eddie Taylor and Jersey Red too

even better if there is a link

surely Jay has some

Dean,

Purchased the "highlights" version of Jay's video of Ronnie / Dannie years ago. Jay also had a full length version available at the time. Never looked to see if it was available as a "stream".

Lyn

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thank you guys for posting these matches

I didn't ask for Jack Cooney so that was a great idea too
Jack is one of my favoriyte characters in pool

i was in Reno for the world 9 ball champonship and I got to plat Harry platis to a full room

every good player in the world was there watching the action

you know Harry draws a crowd

After I played Harry Keith and Harry challenged me and Hcooney to a partners game

cooney refused to take me saying something to the effect that I couldn't play a lick and they knew it

Nick Varner stepped up and offered to take me,but now they asked for 8 to 6

Can you see how much gamblers respected nick

please lets getmore good games on here

especially Ronnie Allen but also red ,bugs,
any of the old school group Jay you got these videos,lets see one or mre of your games

I know your name comes up everytime these classic player are mentioned

please keep most of these videos to the old timers,les get a library of then on this thread

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Ronnie matched up with Fats at one pocket I wonder what the spot was.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can still buy the full version of this classic match between Ronnie and Danny on my website. It's called the World One Pocket Challenge Match and they played for twenty grand over thirty years ago! It was ten hours in length and the full match is on five DVD's. The edited version is two hours and forty minutes on one long DVD. I edited it myself in an editing booth, and it took me two days to do it. I cut out all the time between games and much time spent analyzing shots. I also had to cut some lengthy safety battles for brevity. Almost all the real shotmaking is there though.

Interesting that someone should ask about the "streamed" version. Mike Howerton is ion the process of making that available here as we speak. I think the famous Jean Balukas - Ewa Mataya match is already here for streaming now.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

They never played. After Fats beat Richie Florence out of a boatload of money getting 8-7, Ronnie offered Fats the same game. Fats asked Ronnie for 8-6 and never wavered. No game!

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Ronnie stayed at the house in Vegas for a few months before moving to Tony R's. While on a road trip to Reno for the Open, asked him that question. In between the beers and the shots, he said he could give Fats a ball but didn't like it!

Lyn

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ronnie stayed at the house in Vegas for a few months before moving to Tony R's. While on a road trip to Reno for the Open, asked him that question. In between the beers and the shots, he said he could give Fats a ball but didn't like it!

Lyn

RIP Tony Rila, a great friend to many pool players. Did you know he had a full gym and boxing ring in his home in Vegas. Manny Paquiao used to stay there before a big fight and work out in his home.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
They never played. After Fats beat Richie Florence out of a boatload of money getting 8-7, Ronnie offered Fats the same game. Fats asked Ronnie for 8-6 and never wavered. No game!

Fats must have been pretty stout at one hole to only ask for 8-6.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i know what fats won off richie and it wasnt no 6 figures. and those spots are about right what fats played with and needed. but he could easily beat richie even one pocket any day of the year. so could any top one pocket player.
fats played games he could win at thats why he wasnt liked so much as he vacuumed up the money from the good players that were stupid enough to think they had a shot at the big cash.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
RIP Tony Rila, a great friend to many pool players. Did you know he had a full gym and boxing ring in his home in Vegas. Manny Paquiao used to stay there before a big fight and work out in his home.

On a different thread about Ronnie years ago, I mentioned watching him and Tony race each other around The Riv convention center while riding their electric carts. Actually the last time I saw either of them. Never got to spend much time with Tony other than a few minutes at Pool Sharks. Heard about his gym from several people. Pretty sure he supported Ronnie in his last years. We still have a set of golf clubs Ronnie left as collateral for a small "loan". Knew he had another set stashed as there was no putter!!!!

Lyn

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NO PUTTER?

I tookRonnie to a little shop in LA owned by an Indian from Oklahoma,Herb Greenhaw and bought him a BULLSEYE PUTTER

Acushnet Bullseye,Titleist

Ronnie was a very good putter as you might expect

As deadly a hustler as there ever was,Ronnie seemed to be
a little Boy in an old mans body

He played my son pool on our home table,jeremy got a very easy lay out with all the balls easy and straight in,when he got ready to shoot the 8 ball,Ronnie dropped his stick on the hardwood floor to shark Jeremy

My wife ,daughter,myself and jeremy broke out laughing,June said "Ronnie ,you are a hustler"

She didn't realize how right she was, I always kept the real life hidden,I didn't want my kids involved
in anything like the life.

I guess you might call me a hypocrit, I confess

Last edited:

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I love when people ask for a video, people post a link on youtube. it NEVER occurs to the OP to google it. lol.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
NO PUTTER?

I tookRonnie to a little shop in LA owned by an Indian from Oklahoma,Herb Greenhaw and bought him a BULLSEYE PUTTER

Acushnet Bullseye,Titleist

Ronnie was a very good putter as you might expect

As deadly a hustler as there ever was,Ronnie seemed to be
a little Boy in an old mans body

He played my son pool on our home table,jeremy got a very easy lay out with all the balls easy and straight in,when he got ready to shoot the 8 ball,Ronnie dropped his stick on the hardwood floor to shark Jeremy

My wife ,daughter,myself and jeremy broke out laughing,June said "Ronnie ,you are a hustler"

She didn't realize how right she was, I always kept the real life hidden,I didn't want my kids involved
in anything like the life.

I guess you might call me a hypocrit, I confess

Dean,

Before he moved to Tony's, Ronnie left us a Dodge Caravan as collateral for another "loan". When we went to sell it, discovered the transmission was shot. Cost $600 to repair but....... That was Ronnie. Had me laughing when I mentioned it to him. Cherub's face on a devil's body and mind!!!! Think he bought a Cadillac to replace the van.

Lyn

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i know what fats won off richie and it wasnt no 6 figures. and those spots are about right what fats played with and needed. but he could easily beat richie even one pocket any day of the year. so could any top one pocket player.
fats played games he could win at thats why he wasnt liked so much as he vacuumed up the money from the good players that were stupid enough to think they had a shot at the big cash.

Good to know trivia wise. How much though?