AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
any one try one or know if they are any good

I just heard it mentioned and know nothing
dean

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Dean, they take some getting used to, but in my opinion they will eventually replace wood. Revo and BeCue are two excellent choices. They are good now but I expect them to improve considerably in the future in terms of choices.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the Revo is the future. I'd like it more if I could have one with normal squirt or at least more squirt, maybe 8" effective pivot point.

Pangit

Banned
Why would an old dog want to learn new tricks? When Efren and his class of players starts to use them, I might consider it.

JC

Coos Cues
Dean, they take some getting used to, but in my opinion they will eventually replace wood.

Just like those fiberglass laminate shafts did when their fad arrived right?

Pool is a beautiful game, carbon shafts are ugly. They will peak and wane.

JC

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many knowledgeable people have the opinion that Revos and revolike shafts are the future, which keeps me wondering, if they will influence other disciplines too.

Could you imagine Ronnie with a Revo Snooker cue?

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Jackpot is getting one, maybe he'll let you borrow it.

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just like those fiberglass laminate shafts did when their fad arrived right?

Pool is a beautiful game, carbon shafts are ugly. They will peak and wane.

JC

Lol, right. Just like persimmon drivers are coming back and replacing the metal and hybrid drivers right?

It's called progress, you can't stop it.

I just recently switched to a revo from a southwest and while I'm definitely struggling to get used to it, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The idea that I can just line up a shot with center ball and parallel shift to add English is taking some getting used to but no one will ever convince me that it won't be a more effective way of aiming once my mind gets used to it.

Plus, and this is the reason I switched in the first place, no more dings! Ever.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, who's this new mexican 9 ball player, cesar morales?? Anybody seen him play?

I dont recall the OP being so clueless until lately. Maybe Justin stole his login info.

I mean after all these years not knowing anything apparently, why do you suddenly want to know? Something wrong here.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steel Stix were selling like hotcakes back in the 80's. I believe they were some sort of composite over the maple shaft?
You could bang em on the edge of the table without fear of putting a ding in the shaft.
Not sure what happened to them?

Revo seems to be a stepped up version of this concept. Many players are switching and love them.
Time will tell if they are just a fad or the wave of the future.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They must be selling pretty good, seems none of the big names suppliers have any. Imight be interested in one if they come out with a 30" version, heard it wouldn't happen anytime soon.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I just recently switched to a revo from a southwest and while I'm definitely struggling to get used to it, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Alex,

To tell you the truth, I'm amazed that I stayed with carbon fiber after first starting off terribly with one. I was playing with a Tiger Pro X shaft then switched to BeCue. The carbon fiber shaft was so alien it was like learning the game over again. Then after a few weeks it started clicking. It took a month or two to feel 100% confident with it.

It's been about a year now and the old wooden shafts feel odd to me. I feel the added vibration and hear the noise. There is no absolutely no doubt I'm playing better with the synthetic shaft. Can't wait to try different models.

Chris

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Ok, will do, and when you figure out how to get a wood shaft to get to just about zero deflection, and no dings, you let me know :)

That's apples and oranges, lack of dings don't make you play better.

I'm not ranting for like or dislike of Revo shafts, but saying they are the future because of no dings is pretty specious reasoning. They don't play "better" and don't help the player perform better. You still have to adjust for the amount of squirt regardless of what shaft you use.