Questions about cushions

Dusrsan12

Registered
I am about to put new felt on my table and I have always wanted to change the cut of my pockets. My rubber is still in pretty good shape and if possible I would like to save them. Is there anyway to change the cut with the old cushions or do I need to replace them to have a different cut. If so, can I buy them pre-cut or will I have to cut them myself?

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could use thicker cusion facings to close the pockets a bit. If you want to change the angle, you will prob have to remove the cushions, shim the pockets with wood, then cut longer cushions to finish. A good place to ask is the "ask the table mechanic" section of the forum.

mr8ball

What kind of a table is it? Where are you located? To change the angle is pretty involved. There are a few people around that do it but it is exp. You can extend the rails with out changing the angle but again its also involved. Either way you will need to replace the rubber

Dusrsan12

Registered
It is a gold crown II. I am located in southern Oklahoma. There is no one near me with any experience doing that sort of thing. The closest place to me would p[robably be Dallas.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Gregory will take your rails by mail and do them. There might not be a better mechanic in the world.

It will sound a bit expensive to get the subra ills extended, but remember it is a one time expenditure, and it will basically last a lifetime.