so i went to the bar last night

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it is with some trepidation i am starting this thread. i really would not like this thread to turn into another one of those threads flaming bars....bar tables...and bar rules although i will admit some of the negativity towards that environment is warranted.

in my younger days i practically lived in bars and so i am well aware of that environment and will have to admit i actually enjoy it from time to time now a days.last night 2 of my team mates invited my g/f and i to go hang out with them at a bar they frequent almost every weekend. my g/f and i used to do the same thing but have not had a chance to in the last 6 months so we jumped at the invite.

when we got there we saw thay had 2 tables there and both of them had rows of quarters lined up on them. i put quarters on one and my g/f did the same on the other. the one i was waiting on had a guy i knew from league who is a pretty good 5. i sat there and watched him win about 5 in a row then he was challenged by this biker dude who was pretty good.

well they both had a ball each tied up in one corner and they both were banging balls around trying not to make it too obvious they were kinda playing safes ...or at the least 2 way shots. :grin-square:it gets down to the league player has only the one ball that is tied up left and the biker has one left plus the tied up one. after contemplating for a minute the league player just deliberately pockets the bikers last free ball.

the biker dude says ...what the fvck kind of shit is that ? i thought ...oh heck ...shit is gonna hit the fan. well they get to arguing and the biker dude pushes the league player ....the league player pushes back. the biker knocks the league player on his ass. the bouncers run over and throw them both out.

so the next in line takes the table and its my turn up with him. i keep the table till they close. :grin-square:

i am kind of puzzled why the league player resorted to that move because it was obvious he had been playing bar rules every game i watched.

got more later about the bar we hit after that one closed. gotta get some shut eye right now.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
sounds to me like a very typical night at a bar with a couple of busy pool tables. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

Proofsc

More than a Ball Banger
Silver Member
That's why when I go to a bar I know I'm playing bar rules. Most of the time I just run the table but I expect other People to just touch there ball playing soft rail and I'm ok with that. If I wanted to play good pool with actual rules I would have went somewhere else. But I'll be the first to admit that I'll use bar rules to my advantage. League players forget that there are bar players who are really good but don't know anything outside of bar rules.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
No one got shot?

No ambulances?

The cops didn't show up?

Must not be a very good bar. I hope the next one turned out to be better.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it is with some trepidation i am starting this thread. i really would not like this thread to turn into another one of those threads flaming bars....bar tables...and bar rules although i will admit some of the negativity towards that environment is warranted.

in my younger days i practically lived in bars and so i am well aware of that environment and will have to admit i actually enjoy it from time to time now a days.last night 2 of my team mates invited my g/f and i to go hang out with them at a bar they frequent almost every weekend. my g/f and i used to do the same thing but have not had a chance to in the last 6 months so we jumped at the invite.

when we got there we saw thay had 2 tables there and both of them had rows of quarters lined up on them. i put quarters on one and my g/f did the same on the other. the one i was waiting on had a guy i knew from league who is a pretty good 5. i sat there and watched him win about 5 in a row then he was challenged by this biker dude who was pretty good.

well they both had a ball each tied up in one corner and they both were banging balls around trying not to make it too obvious they were kinda playing safes ...or at the least 2 way shots. :grin-square:it gets down to the league player has only the one ball that is tied up left and the biker has one left plus the tied up one. after contemplating for a minute the league player just deliberately pockets the bikers last free ball.

the biker dude says ...what the fvck kind of shit is that ? i thought ...oh heck ...shit is gonna hit the fan. well they get to arguing and the biker dude pushes the league player ....the league player pushes back. the biker knocks the league player on his ass. the bouncers run over and throw them both out.

so the next in line takes the table and its my turn up with him. i keep the table till they close. :grin-square:

i am kind of puzzled why the league player resorted to that move because it was obvious he had been playing bar rules every game i watched.

got more later about the bar we hit after that one closed. gotta get some shut eye right now.
What were they playing for?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when the bar was closing at 2;00 am my friends say they were headed to a bar that is open 24/7 and ask if we want to go. i was not too keen on the idea for several reasons.

1. i pretty much settled down when i met my g/f 4 years ago and am not the party animal i used to be.

2. every time i used to visit this place before i settled down it seemed like only the worst karaoke singers ever were attracted to this place.

my g/f said she had never been there and wanted to see what it was like and also since we had not been out in a while wanted to make the most of our night out. so i agreed to go.

on the plus side ...they had 4 diamond bar tables. when we walk in i see they only have 2 tables now and they are valleys. :frown: only 1 table is being used so my 2 friends get on the other one and my g/f puts quarters on the other. i am walking around socializing with a few people i have not seen since i quit bar hopping a few years ago.

i come back and see my g/f at the table playing with a girl who has never played before. our entourage has the 2 tables for a while before these 3 guys come in and challenge the table my g/f is on. they decide they want to play partners against the 2 girls. they play about 3 racks and the girls won every one.

one guy was kinda drunk but not belligerent just funnin around and sharking the girls when they shot. a few times the girls would call me over and ask for advice on what to shoot and the guys had no problem with that. one time the drunk got in front of the pocket and shakin his ass when my g/f was on the 8 but she still made it.

next rack the drunk was on his last ball and i run up and started shaling my ass. of course the drunk missed the ball entirely and his 2 freinds started laughing.

after the 3 rd rack the drunk said he wanted to play me and a partner if it was all right with the girls since they were holding the table. i said sure and grabbed one of my team mates.

as he was racking he called me over and said he wanted to play 5.00 a man. i said you dont want to do that. he said ...why not. i said i dont want to rob you and your friend. he said it aint robbing if he is willing to give it. i said ok its 5.00 a man then.

after we won the 1st one he immediately said double or nothing. i said ok. we won the 2nd one also. a guy had challenged the table so we played him and his partner for nothing and won. the drunk had put quarters back up and wanted to go for 5 a man again.

i said ok. well we continued playing them until my g/f said she was tired from dancing with the other girls that were with us and was ready to go . my team mate and i walked out of there with 75.00 each from the drunk and his partner.

gonna be a long day and i am tired as heck from last night. i have masters at 2.00 and double jeapordy at 7.00. hopefully i have an easy day at work tommorow. this 60 year old body can only take so much. :D

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not for me

My hick town only has crumby tables in their bars. For the most part every one behaves well and has a good time. I might play in the small 9 Ball tourney at one of the bars every few months as they play BCA rules. But, the tables remind me of a golf course and they are filthy. If I want to play real pool I have some one come to my house and shoot on my table. I can't picture getting physical over a pool game. Pool is a game and should be fun.