Alex Pagulayan looses to pattern racking

JC

Coos Cues
Remember him loosing on the lag? Well put on your tin foil hats folks because here we go!

In this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqEV0uWSfd0

Please leave the tin foil hats on for 30 minutes or until you forget this.

A typical lack of attention Balls Sack thread complete with a misspelled word in the title.

The one, two, three and ten always go in the same spot by rule. The other six balls the gal never racked in the same spots twice.

Nice package by Kaci. Nothing more, nothing less.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... The one, two, three and ten always go in the same spot by rule. ...

In many events, including this one, yes (with the 2- and 3- balls interchangeable in the back corners). But under WPA rules, locations are specified for only the 1-ball and 10-ball. The other 8 balls are racked "without purposeful or intentional pattern."

JC

Coos Cues
In many events, including this one, yes (with the 2- and 3- balls interchangeable in the back corners). But under WPA rules, locations are specified for only the 1-ball and 10-ball. The other 8 balls are racked "without purposeful or intentional pattern."

But if you look at the 8 racks the other six balls were pretty much random.

Making this thread a joke.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A typical lack of attention (Balls Sack) thread complete with a misspelled word in the title.

The one, two, three and ten always go in the same spot by rule. The other six balls the gal never racked in the same spots twice.

Nice package by Kaci. Nothing more, nothing less.

Balzac, you say?....he’s the man who wrote.....
“The more one judges, the less he loves.”

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Come December, this thread should be in serious contention for worst thread of 2019. Not only is the claim of pattern racking clueless, but readers are sent on a wild goose chase to observe something that didn't even happen.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a completely unrelated note regarding Pagulayan's attire when did Larry's Carpet World start selling shorts?

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remember him loosing on the lag? Well put on your tin foil hats folks because here we go!

In this video

Alex never gets a shot and well that's because the hot chick was pattern racking for the hot guy. Assuming they are hot. idk but take a look yourself and watch her picking the balls for certain places and then always ending up with the 2 and three in the corners and the 10 in the middle. 9 never makes it to the back row, she seems to like that five in the back row, etc, over and over. but you guys are the experts, take a look!

Oh and at the start of the video they mention how he didn't get much sleep last night and then at the end he says how he only got an hour. Then he played like a champ. so you might wonder if that was also due to a boost of you know it.. 5 hour energy!

I have never seen this, but to have the balls in a bag and one by one pull them out would be a sure way nobody could cherry pick what ball goes where in the template.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have never seen this, but to have the balls in a bag and one by one pull them out would be a sure way nobody could cherry pick what ball goes where in the template.

The racking aid is the problem, not the order of the balls. The chances of breaking and running 8 racks using a triangle to rack the balls is near impossible, because there's no guarantee you're going to make a ball on the break!!

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The racking aid is the problem, not the order of the balls. The chances of breaking and running 8 racks using a triangle to rack the balls is near impossible, because there's no guarantee you're going to make a ball on the break!!

Is running like that with a triangle impossible because getting 8 racks of perfectly frozen 10 ball (or any game) is impossible? Or is there something extra with the templates that shouldn't be happening? Another way to put it is, isn't consistency what were after? Consistency leads to predictability. It makes sense for a pro to use predictability as a weapon.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Is running like that with a triangle impossible because getting 8 racks of perfectly frozen 10 ball (or any game) is impossible? Or is there something extra with the templates that shouldn't be happening? Another way to put it is, isn't consistency what were after? Consistency leads to predictability. It makes sense for a pro to use predictability as a weapon.

The balls are not touching the other when they're sitting on top of a racking aid. There's no friction to interfere with the balls moving on the break, it's not pool anymore whe. You can predict the break shot!!

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Why is it, that if a player runs an 8 pack, you can't just give the player the credit he deserves, instead of pointing out what you think is cheating, just to see if anyone else agrees with you!! Kaci still had to pocket ALL the balls after the break, without missing, in order to run the 8 pack!!

First I'll talk about Kaci.

If this guy did this on an hour sleep and with a 5 hour after having a night of fun with the girl he is not only the player I envy the most but let's face it. He could beat us all in his sleep. He's that good! He is among the very few players I am looking forward to seeing in the future. I would drive and pay to watch him play.

10 ball
Nope never played it. Thanks for the comments. They have helped me better understand the game and it looks more appealing to me now. I now see a game that I should have a good shot on the 1,2,3 to get started in most cases with the expectation that I should be able to run out. I like that and I'm going to start practicing it. Should be fun.

And Mr. Snake under the table. I was trying to form this more as a question then a statement of cheating by the players. I have never played the game and I am trying to learn about pattern racking for fun. I don't gamble but I do want to have fun on dates and with friends, etc. It's my understanding and belief that ball placement and inspecting the rack is part of the game.

BTW. the internet is worldwide which means people of all English skill levels can communicate and do on various levels. I'm sorry my language skills don't meet up to your approval but perhaps you can be a little more sympathetic to others who's lives you might effect in the global thing we call the internet.

The every 2 year stress days are over and I will check out fricking grammerly now. I hate background apps like this burning up cpu, memory, and so on. But let's see what I can do.

Ain't it special my word check now thinks Ain't is a word.

Thanks for your comments everyone.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
First I'll talk about Kaci.

If this guy did this on an hour sleep and with a 5 hour after having a night of fun with the girl he is not only the player I envy the most but let's face it. He could beat us all in his sleep. He's that good! He is among the very few players I am looking forward to seeing in the future. I would drive and pay to watch him play.

10 ball
Nope never played it. Thanks for the comments. They have helped me better understand the game and it looks more appealing to me now. I now see a game that I should have a good shot on the 1,2,3 to get started in most cases with the expectation that I should be able to run out. I like that and I'm going to start practicing it. Should be fun.

And Mr. Snake under the table. I was trying to form this more as a question then a statement of cheating by the players. I have never played the game and I am trying to learn about pattern racking for fun. I don't gamble but I do want to have fun on dates and with friends, etc. It's my understanding and belief that ball placement and inspecting the rack is part of the game.

BTW. the internet is worldwide which means people of all English skill levels can communicate and do on various levels. I'm sorry my language skills don't meet up to your approval but perhaps you can be a little more sympathetic to others who's lives you might effect in the global thing we call the internet.

The every 2 year stress days are over and I will check out fricking grammerly now. I hate background apps like this burning up cpu, memory, and so on. But let's see what I can do.

Ain't it special my word check now thinks Ain't is a word.

Thanks for your comments everyone.

One would think it would be to their advantage to know a little more about the subject they're about to comment on before blindly doing so, as to avoid ones own foot in their mouth. And just a thought, when I was Kaci's age, I use to play non stop from after work on Friday until I we t to bed Sunday night, every weekend!! But adding another 4 year + years on your life will make those days just a memory!!!

Snake under the table!!!!

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
And Mr. Snake under the table. I was trying to form this more as a question then a statement of cheating by the players.

There is a special character in the English language to accomplish this and prevent misunderstandings. It looks like this ?

Nice try though.:thumbup2:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have never played the game and I am trying to learn about pattern racking for fun. I don't gamble but I do want to have fun on dates and with friends, etc. It's my understanding and belief that ball placement and inspecting the rack is part of the game.
So in other words, you want to know if there's a way to cheat when racking so that you'll have an advantage playing your friends for......fun, because winning is fun, anyway you can.....AIN'T that about right??😂

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I think the 2 and 3 on the corners make runouts a little tougher most of the time. When you smash the rack hard enough to really spread the balls then the 2 and 3 will wrap around the top corners and head back towards opposite foot corners, sometimes one goes in, sometimes they meet at the head rail and clash (usually with a center table break), but a lot of times for me they end up in the foot area of the table, where there is more likely to be traffic and they’re about 3/4 table away from the 1 ball, possibly giving a tough route.

Of course when you’re breaking and playing well none of that seems to happen, or matter much, but I don’t think the 2-3 on the corners necessarily helps to get a run started.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In this video

Alex never gets a shot and well that's because the hot chick was pattern racking for the hot guy. Assuming they are hot. idk but take a look yourself and watch her picking the balls for certain places and then always ending up with the 2 and three in the corners and the 10 in the middle. 9 never makes it to the back row, she seems to like that five in the back row, etc, over and over. but you guys are the experts, take a look!

Oh and at the start of the video they mention how he didn't get much sleep last night and then at the end he says how he only got an hour. Then he played like a champ. so you might wonder if that was also due to a boost of you know it.. 5 hour energy!

Way I learned 10 ball it was always 1, 2, and 3 on the corners.
No biggie.

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me liked..

I liked what he said to a guy that was talking to him about all those 10 Ball racks he ran. He said he has run more before and so has a lot of the guys that he plays against.

He tipped his hat to other players and did not boast on him self and wins and looses with class. I like his style of play, even though it can be slow.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Actually she was. But it was intentional, to give both players an equal chance, theoretically.

That’s what I’ve said before here....the way to solve the problem of pattern racking....
...is to pattern rack.......EVERYBODY racks the same pattern.