U.b.l.???
Old
  (#1)
dnixon
AzB Silver Member
dnixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

U.b.l.??? - 08-16-2019, 08:36 PM

Are any of you guys playing in this league?And if so how do you like it with all the balls in hand? And for those who donít know your handicap determines how many balls and hand you have pre game.For example if your five you have five balls in hand at any given time except for the eight ball.If you are a lower handicap thatís how many balls in handy you have also per game. If youíre a pro player you have minus one which means you give the other player his handicap plus one more ball in hand per game.So the lower handicaps are the better players.

Old
  (#2)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 09:13 PM

5 ball in hands at ANY time.... like back to back? This is crazy. You're supposed to challenge yourself and feel excited about what you build on your skills and tools, not this... lord not this. Why not just get a couple of dice and save time?

On a side note I've been thinking maybe only 1 ball in hand per game in ANY game. Might see some pretty nifty shots coming out of safeties.

Old
  (#3)
dnixon
AzB Silver Member
dnixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond reputednixon has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 10:32 PM

Thereís almost no safeties in the game. You can safe someone but they got balls in hand They can just pick it up. Iím a skill level two right now last week I had to play at five let e tell you it was hard to beat him. And God for bid if you see a six. But There is $100,000 to the team that wins it all

Old
  (#4)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2019, 11:05 PM

Do you feel it's kind of Pay-to-Win being you can play the ghost and still accumulate points on bye weeks?

Old
  (#5)
dnixon
AzB Silver Member

08-16-2019, 11:16 PM

Yes I do This is my first session in The league might be my last does not help your game at all. Some shots you donít Even play for position to just take Ball In hand. I think it can hurt your overall game by not moving the Cue as much And almost no safeties

Old
  (#6)
AzB Silver Member

08-16-2019, 11:33 PM

Right, it can't be good like that.

After reading all the rules the 1 saving grace appears to be that if you and your opponent agree to shoot on a regular 9 feet table, and the venue has one, they have to honor the request (at least it appears that way, and im sure they would).

The money looks good, but I just found out a minute ago that a place I shoot at dropped UBL hosting for TAP, but I won't know of why until tomorrow.

The 9 footer option is good though. Where im at (~Cincinnati), 25 years ago you had to go out of your way to find a 7 feet table, now you have to go out of your way to find a regular one. God forbid a snooker table or even a 10 feet table, it's as if those are works of fiction.

Old
  (#7)
I Got Lucky
AzB Silver Member
I Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 04:46 AM

What a bunch of crap.

Efren..."I got lucky"..............

Me...."I got lucky too". From running away to running out on The Magician....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BIIl5...ture=youtu.be#

Old
  (#8)
sbpoolleague
World's #1 League Website
sbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond reputesbpoolleague has a reputation beyond repute

08-17-2019, 06:18 AM

I didn't know Ponzi played pool.

The Donald Trump of billiard games. And no, I don't mean that in a good way.

Last edited by sbpoolleague; 08-17-2019 at 06:22 AM.

Old
  (#9)
dnixon
AzB Silver Member

08-18-2019, 02:44 PM

Iím not advertising for the League. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of it. This is all Mike Siegel. There is one Other thing you cannot pick your opponent the computer picks your opponent for you.

Old
  (#10)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbpoolleague View Post
I didn't know Ponzi played pool.

The Donald Trump of billiard games. And no, I don't mean that in a good way.
Don't worry, unlike Trump, the league won't last til 2024,

Old
  (#11)
AzB Silver Member

08-18-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
Don't worry, unlike Trump, the league won't last til 2024,
Are you sure?

I try not to be full on cynical, but seeing how the APA runs things and it's successful, this seems like a grand slam. From what I read (the 4 .pdf's for players/byes/venues/tournaments), it costs 50% more than APA to do anything in UBL. However, on a the upside it pays out 2x as mush (tournaments being the exception, 4x). This is scary.

FIVE ball in hands PER GAME. Assuming you break and make a ball, you'll have to leave position on 2 balls. But don't worry, 2 balls might seem like a lot, but considering you have 5 BiH's, you have 5 attempts to fluke those 2 positions. But again, don't worry because with a little practice, you'll quickly find yourself only needing four ball in hands per game.

I think Mike Siegel has a retirement plan that might retire more than just himself.

Old
  (#12)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post
Are you sure?

I try not to be full on cynical, but seeing how the APA runs things and it's successful, this seems like a grand slam. From what I read (the 4 .pdf's for players/byes/venues/tournaments), it costs 50% more than APA to do anything in UBL. However, on a the upside it pays out 2x as mush (tournaments being the exception, 4x). This is scary.

FIVE ball in hands PER GAME. Assuming you break and make a ball, you'll have to leave position on 2 balls. But don't worry, 2 balls might seem like a lot, but considering you have 5 BiH's, you have 5 attempts to fluke those 2 positions. But again, don't worry because with a little practice, you'll quickly find yourself only needing four ball in hands per game.

I think Mike Siegel has a retirement plan that might retire more than just himself.
I don't have to worry because I'm never playing with rules this absurd. Sure slop counts and people manipulate the handicap system in the APA, but this is on a whole different level of wtf.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: