Ebony & Flame Veneers

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would like to share some pictures of another cue from J&J Cues web site. This one is a more traditional design and is currently for sale on there site.
tonkin-cue-19-5-butt.jpg

tonkin-cue-19-5-arm.jpg

tonkin-cue-19-5-handle.jpg

tonkin-cue-19-5-w (1).jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn.

Flame veneers does not describe it.

Excellent! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
You knocked it out of the park with the buttsleeve and forearm. IMO the handle is way to busy and detracts from the flow of the cue.

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You knocked it out of the park with the buttsleeve and forearm. IMO the handle is way to busy and detracts from the flow of the cue.

Tommy, I fully respect your opinion that is why I build cues in lots of different designs and at different levels as everyone has there own tastes. This particular design I build at different levels and wrapped or wrapless also in different colors and materials. Building one for a local customer that is exactly the same as this cue except it gets a lizard wrap.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

I love the handle Tom. My only preference is that the sleeve should stand out more than the forearm. Similar to how Tad built cues. When it comes to traditional pointed cues I've always been about a design starting from the back and moving forward diminishing as it gets to the point tips....Since the forearm has so much white going on, I would have liked to have seen that magnified in the sleeve so it stands out more.... But thats my personal taste..:)

Regardless, it's a great design and a super cue Pete.

Last edited: