How to Use the Masse' Shot to Curve Around Obstructing Balls

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... 'A half-ball carom or hit is the purest Hit or Carom and rebound angle you can create, it's the MOST predicable!'

Actually, the most "PREDICABLE" thing is, you will misspell at least one word per sentence! :thumbup:

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Actually, the most "PREDICABLE" thing is, you will misspell at least one word per sentence! :thumbup:

What's really OLD news, is that, YOU ARE SCARED to death to play ME! With ME playing YOU EVEN and ME giving YOU a spot!

How many threads will ,'They' let YOU infect before it's too many!

DTL

SP 219
Silver Member

Attachments

• Corey.jpg
    Corey.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Corr.jpg
    Corr.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 193
  • CJ Masse 2.jpg
    CJ Masse 2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate the information and recently realized some of my stroking errors are shoulder related rather then just elbow problems. I've locked/coiled :smile: (there's that word again) my shoulder and tried to feel it move on the front and back swing.

I was sure it was moving only on the front swing, but discovered a slight movement on the back swing instead. Any problem in my forward swing was a compensation for the initial error. Armed with your information about the elbow motion, I understood it was a slave to what the shoulder and wrist may decide to do. It made the process of isolating a flaw much easier instead of chasing gremlins that appeared occasionally.

A study of the bio-mechanics of the stroke will be a large undertaking and probably will take considerable time. The onus isn't on you, but if it happens, you helped it along!

Best,
Mike

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes indeed, that's why the champion players don't have to abide by the "law of physics" ;)

Well, that's pretty telling that you didn't bother to watch the video. Since the video was about the laws of physics that DO apply. Watch it, you might learn something. :wink:

Here's the link again so you don't have to spend 30 seconds looking for it- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB8nWQdiQes

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was only joking.......is it not obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Impossible. You can't bake the ball curve like that, without camera trickery. I am sure of it.

I believe he was talking about Juanjo Trilles. Your shot in post #1 was just a simple masse shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB8nWQdiQes ---> Part I...."The Implied Physics"

Relax, I was only joking.......is it not obvious enough? ;) ;) ;)

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lining up your shoulder if fine, you wouldn't want to use your elbow, it's more for the actual "hit" on the cue ball. When lining up I'd recommend using the shot line (visually) as your point of reference, then the right foot, followed by the left foot, then the shoulder if you choose (I use the center/right of my chest directly under the center of my line of vision).

Think of it as keeping the stroke completely out in front of your body. To do this the head must be controlled by the hips when coming down on the shot.....and the tip must be controlled by the right hand. This will allow "the dog to wag the tail," rather than "the tail wagging the dog" - this has the elements of a cipher, hope you picked it up. I can show this in person easily, however, without visual aids it's challenging.

I'm still working on this. :cool:

And stop with the humor, already. Pool isn't supposed to be fun! :D

Best,
Mike

Yes indeed, that's why the champion players don't have to abide by the "law of physics" ;)

CJ; it has always amazed me, when some people can't conceive, comprehend or duplicate what another player can easily master without effort! Then they deny the plausibility of it being genuine, pure and true!

Even a simple video is not proof enough, amazing!

Pertaining to Black Balled's original post!

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

I showed Grady Mathews this shot, 30 years ago, in Chicago!

It's an augmented 3C shot I demonstrate in exhibitions!

Childs play for ANY proficient 'Carom' player!
:grin:

I am not proficient in carom but can make this shot at will among many others, check out my highlight reel. I give Florian the 7 ball. :p

DTL

SP 219
Silver Member

Attachments

• toi.jpg
    toi.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
It's funny how a 12 page thread results from someone demonstrating a simple masse shot.......child's play too for any proficient pool player.

But that seems to be a common theme on here.......the Master at work. Neat trick to put a faulty link on the first post so that you put up the "TOI Master Computer" meme in post #5........not to mention his advertising banner seen 25+ times.

View attachment 377957 .........oops, I fell into the trap.

DTL

ps Mr3C. You ever teach the Diamond System to pocket billiard players?......valuable info for kicking given we're forced to play 1 foul BIH rules.

DTL; Many, many times. I have several systems I've devised over the years that work on ANY size table! Some are VERY mathematical, some not so much. Now that you mentioned it, I also taught Grady several of the 'Kicking Systems' He used and taught. He and I were very good friends for over 40 years.

I invite you to my website: http://mr3cushion.com I think you'll find it very informative and entertaining.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you that insecure about humor or is it a by product of not being in Touch (OI)

It's funny how a 14 page thread results from someone demonstrating a simple masse shot.......child's play too for any proficient pool player.

But that seems to be a common theme on here.......the Master at work. Neat trick to put a faulty link on the first post so that you could then put up the "TOI Master Computer" meme in post #5........not to mention his advertising banner up 25+ times..........X 6000+ views, well you do the math.

View attachment 377957 .........oops, I fell into the trap.

DTL
contributing to the problem

ps Mr3C. You ever teach the Diamond System to pocket billiard players?......valuable info for kicking given we're forced to play 1 foul BIH rules.

Does every joke go over your TOI head? LMAO!!!

Are you that insecure about humor or is it a by product of not being in touch (of inside) with how to have fun and enjoy life?