Atlanta pool rooms

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am coming to Atlanta for work for a week. Are there any good rooms close to downtown Buckhead? flying in Tomorrow. Marietta billiard club looks like a long ways and I dont have a car. What else is there?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can get on the Marta Subway, go south to Five Pouints station, then transfer east and go 3 stops to Inman Park/Reynoldstown station. I live there and have a GC in my home if you'd like to play.

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can get on the Marta Subway, go south to Five Pouints station, then transfer east and go 3 stops to Inman Park/Reynoldstown station. I live there and have a GC in my home if you'd like to play.

PM sent............

I am coming to Atlanta for work for a week. Are there any good rooms close to downtown Buckhead? flying in Tomorrow. Marietta billiard club looks like a long ways and I dont have a car. What else is there?

You can take the city bus from downtown Atlanta (or Buckhead) to Marietta, and then you can take the local Marietta city bus system to get around Marietta (or call a local Marietta taxi, from wherever the Atlanta regional transit drops you off in Marietta). I would use google maps to get bus/train directions for wherever I need to go.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Buc...6c6328ee981!2m2!1d-84.5499327!2d33.952602!3e3

I heard that Mr. Cues is a very nice pool hall (probably the best in Atlanta, from what I have been told), and you can get a train and bus to that location (which would be much easier then getting to Marietta Billiard Club).

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Buc...220c3989f0!2m2!1d-84.2482894!2d33.8845134!3e3

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are pubs in Buckhead with maybe a table or two but no actual pool halls.

MARTA (public transit) wouldn't be bad to get to Mr. Cues II. Take the Gold train from Lenox Station to Doraville station and hop on the 129 bus to Chamblee-Tucker Rd @ Northcrest Rd. The bus will drop you off right at the Mr. Cues parking lot.

Google says 45 min. from Lenox Square Mall

Should be $5.00 for the round-trip.

Last edited:

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this was years ago when i was in atlanta, but there was a pool room there that Johnny Archer had something to do with (either house pro or part owner or maybe just played there a lot)....but it was a massiveeeee pool hall, biggest one ive ever been in. Seems like there was at least 60 or 70 tables if not more, there was a couple bars scattered about in the place, etc.

this was years ago when i was in atlanta, but there was a pool room there that Johnny Archer had something to do with (either house pro or part owner or maybe just played there a lot)....but it was a massiveeeee pool hall, biggest one ive ever been in. Seems like there was at least 60 or 70 tables if not more, there was a couple bars scattered about in the place, etc.

Are you sure it was not Marietta Billiard Club that you are referring to? That place is located in Marietta.

There are pubs in Buckhead with maybe a table or two but no actual pool halls.

MARTA (public transit) wouldn't be bad to get to Mr. Cues II. Take the Gold train from Lenox Station to Doraville station and hop on the 129 bus to Chamblee-Tucker Rd @ Northcrest Rd. The bus will drop you off right at the Mr. Cues parking lot.

Google says 45 min. from Lenox Square Mall

Should be $5.00 for the round-trip.

I wonder how expensive the pool rates are there.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Independent is great and is close to Buckhead. Johnny Archer's place, Marietta Billiard Club, is great and non smoking. Mr. Cues 2 is the best place in all of Atlanta. Don't confuse it with Cue's, which is also good.

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some bars and restaurants in/near Buckhead may have a pool table or two, but the "real" pool rooms are in the suburbs, like Marietta Billiard Club, Mr. Cue's II, and Cue's. Coming from Buckhead the closest of these three is probably Mr Cue's II - maybe you can use Uber/Lyft to get there and back.

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how expensive the pool rates are there.

They open at like 11 or 11:30 and have free pool with lunch until about 4 IIRC.

Other than that, I don't really know. I usually play for free because of leagues and tournaments and I'm not up there on most busy nights.

I would guess it's in the neighborhood of $8-10/hour and probably a little higher rate on the snooker tables.