Thoughts on 1973 Brunswick Monticello?

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all,

Someone here in Atlanta (original owner) is selling a 9' one inch slate 1973 Brunswick Monticello for $800. Looks to be in fine condition. What are your thoughts on this? Should I snatch it up?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I would take a chance on this one.
The Monticello is a home table...but it was considered one of their best models...
...and in '73, Brunswick still had respect for their brand.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Monticello II in 1974 from a pool hall in Cleveland; The Velvet Rail. He was converting all his tables to Gold Crowns.

I paid $600 delivered and installed with fuzzy cloth, a few house cues and a used, but nice, set of Brunswick Centennial balls.

I'm guessing the difference is the score counters. The Monticello II did not have score counters. It was a 9 foot drop pocket, and played well. SORRY FOR THE ANNOYINGLY HUGE IMAGE OF THE MONICELLO II. ALL I COULD FIND ON GOOGLE...

cue 18Monticello (1).jpg

9brunsmont049cl1.jpg

Last edited:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Monticello II in 1974 from a pool hall in Cleveland; The Velvet Rail. He was converting all his tables to Gold Crowns.

I paid $600 delivered and installed with fuzzy cloth, a few house cues and a used, but nice, set of Brunswick Centennial balls.

I'm guessing the difference is the score counters. The Monticello II did not have score counters. It was a 9 foot drop pocket, and played well. SORRY FOR THE ANNOYINGLY HUGE IMAGE OF THE MONICELLO II. ALL I COULD FIND ON GOOGLE...

View attachment 441570

View attachment 441571
Thanks Bob!!! looks great!