Top 3 in Mixed Singles

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Overall, I think the numbers are better then last year. By that, I mean the players have higher amounts of games in Fargo to be established than previous years.
The winner of the bronze and silver both have very low amounts of games but the gold division was looking good. Below are the results by name, location, Fargo rating and robustness(games played). I did not do the Platinum division because there is no sandbagging there, everybody has a Fargo of 640 or more.

Mixed Bronze Singles:
1) Jaden Acuna (USA) 325(0)
2) Gary Meeks (TX) 439(436)
3) Jesus Tremillo (TX) 442(211)

Mixed Silver Singles:
1)Rick Madaffer (FL) 523(72)
2)Jake Cooper (OH) 655(109)
3)Rob Dayton (Calgary) 512(380)

Mixed Gold Singles:
1)Jeff Fugal(CO) 607(414)
2)Conrad Higgerson(MO) 608(106)
3)Ted Dean(TX) 612(625)

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are the numbers of the ladies singles. Winner of the bronze had only 26 games in Fargo. Second place in silver has ZERO games in Fargo. Third place in Gold has 95 games in and a much lower Fargo than 1st and 2nd place. I'm sure her Fargo will go up.

Bronze:
1)Jenan Ulrich(IL) 328(26)
2)Vivian Fong(CA) 324(167)
3)Ida Meza(UT) 293(135)

Silver:
1)Tonya Haselbush(CO) 427(716)
2)Jade Coutts(AUCKLAND) 425(0)
3)Janene Phillips(FL) 340(1784)

Gold:
1)Aryana Lynch(TX) 494(760)
2)Keitha Nelson(NM) 476(834)
3)Rebecca Hillburn(CA) 437(95)

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed that Conrad Higgerson not only took 2nd in the Mixed Gold 8 ball, he took 1st in the Gold 9 ball. He made a nice lil haul of 5K in total. Not bad for a guy with only 106 games in Fargo.
Let's see what his Fargo rating jumps to after these games are put in......
The question is, what is CSI going to do about this problem? Year after year, there are players coming in and taking thousands of dollars out of this tournament and by all accounts, it doesn't appear that they are putting any games into the system.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is very comparable to bike racing, actually.

All but the top levels see a hundred+ participants in their groups and only the top 3-5 get paid, with first usually being 3x-5x entry fee back. Or merchandise, in lieu of cash.

But the players have become used to easy money/ predatory play choices. Gonna be hard to maintain #s with that kind of change, especially with the many independent events that are held.

I noticed that Conrad Higgerson not only took 2nd in the Mixed Gold 8 ball, he took 1st in the Gold 9 ball. He made a nice lil haul of 5K in total. Not bad for a guy with only 106 games in Fargo.
The question is, what is CSI going to do about this problem? Year after year, there are players coming in and taking thousands of dollars out of this tournament and by all accounts, it doesn't appear that they are putting any games into the system.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

5k is PLENTY of incentive, and I wouldn't expect anything different. Unless you make a minimum robustness? This will continue.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Nice investigative work C.
If they wanted it to be fair they would require a minimum robustness. Since they care more about adding new members than protecting existing members, this probably will not happen any time soon.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Requiring a minimum robustness level seems like a no brainer for these events.