Predator Revo Question...

Kidwill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are all of the Revo shafts marked on the opposite side of the Predator logo with the mm size? (ie. 12.9 and 12.4)

I have a guy trying to sell a Revo without the size marked although my calipers are telling me it is a 12.9. Not having the 12.9’or the 12.4 mark leads me to believe its counterfeit. I’m just not certain if any of the Revo shafts came without the marking.

Any help on this would be appreciated as I know very little about production cues or shafts.

All the best

Will

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
Are all of the Revo shafts marked on the opposite side of the Predator logo with the mm size? (ie. 12.9 and 12.4)

I have a guy trying to sell a Revo without the size marked although my calipers are telling me it is a 12.9. Not having the 12.9’or the 12.4 mark leads me to believe its counterfeit. I’m just not certain if any of the Revo shafts came without the marking.

Any help on this would be appreciated as I know very little about production cues or shafts.

All the best

Will

I'm not sure if there are counterfeit Revos around so i cant really say much about the shaft you were presented, but i do know that the first commercially available revo shafts only came in 12.9 and were sold with a p3 butt (P3 REVO GN/GW/CN/CW). These revo shafts did not have the diameter markings. hope that helps a bit

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Before they came out with the 12.4 mm the 12.9's weren't marked. So you should assume it's one of the 1st batches made

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I can't speak for the revo but after a few months all the words on my cynergy were rubbed off, even right up next to the joint. Must be from my case. It's possible they could just be rubbed off

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't speak for the revo but after a few months all the words on my cynergy were rubbed off, even right up next to the joint. Must be from my case. It's possible they could just be rubbed off

Predators are engraved into the shaft..

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

All the best

Will
Contacted Pred. Said early Revos were NOT engraved. As stated above, when 12.4 came out they started engraving.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator also released a handful of prototypes to players for testing. I got my hands on one briefly about four or five years ago. I don't remember it having any sort of labeling. I think it's far more likely you're looking at one of the early prototypes than a fake. I know nothing about working with carbon fiber as a material but based on how manufacturing has gone for a lot of these companies, it would probably be a lot of work for an individual to do. I'd imagine the chances of it being a fake are very low but that also doesn't mean I'd buy it.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The shaft should still have a serial number on it somewhere. Get that and check with Predator. Just like Rolex watches and their “bad serials” page, Predator knows which shafts they have made and are registered to certain people. Your number should match something in their database, whether good or bad.