old dirty smoky scoring beads

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looking for a set of scoring beads...not new, shiny and clean. I want an old school look. Give me a PM if you have something like that you want to get rid of. Mitch

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looking for a set of scoring beads...not new, shiny and clean. I want an old school look. Give me a PM if you have something like that you want to get rid of. Mitch

I got some old pool balls you can have for cost of shipping.

Gonna require some effort to get what you want out of them though...

Horsetrader

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the late 70’s I ran into an pool player by the name of William Dixon outside Chattanooga a dive called Dee Browns. He was a quiet man and oddly enough didn’t drink a lot like most pool players. He sit in the corner and seem to enjoy watching the game.

Last edited:

Shooter32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During the late 70’s I ran into an pool player by the name of William Dixon outside Chattanooga a dive called Dee Browns. He was a quiet man and oddly enough didn’t drink a lot like most pool players. He sit in the corner and seem to enjoy watching the game. I asked him to play some 9 ball and he immediately picked up I was a player. I asked him, “well how do you know”? His response was quick and almost rude, “because I know every swinging dick around here that can draw a ball and your not from around here”. I already knew this young man’s speed and I knew what spot it took to beat him. William was a screwed gambler, I found out, must better than I was told. He wanted the 5 and break. I wasn’t prepared to give him that spot. But hard up for action I thought I would try him on for size. We played for hours and the game was dead even. Plus we where playing for a sporty 20 bucks a game. We graduated to that from 5 dollars a game, very slowly. I know pool players. I know people lay low but who would lay low for hours for that amount of money. I thought the only way to beat this young man was to raise the bet more than he was use to playing. I said bet 50! Without hesitation, he said “bet”. I was shocked to see this man not only gambled good but LOVED to gambled. In fact taking all side bets. After dropping a quick 300 I knew this game was out of line. We stopped and he would not adjust the game. After the match, like all players we talked. I asked him was he laying low because he certainly came alive when I raised the bet. He laughed and said “no sir, I’m just a very slow started and I knew I would win, you raising the bet is something I wanted to do but I didn’t want to ask, or chase you away, plus you had some fans on the side that want my money, did you notice that”? My hat off to this amateur pool player. After watching him play other people I realized he’s a much better gambler than player and had a ton of heart. We never played again but we did win a bunch of money together. I also heard he had a bad accident in 1986 and quite playing. Last I heard he was in a nursing home in Chattanooga Tn. Amazing man!

Not being rude but what does this story have to do with a man wanting scoring beads?? :confused: