My Junior Manifesto

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Hello all this is Marcus Norwood aka forcefollow. I have a junior program in Pasadena ISD in Pasadena Texas that is in its fourth year of existence. The grant that underpins the program runs out at the end of this year so it will be in limbo somewhat. I really don't know what I am going to do next year. Over the years I have put serious thought in to Junior Billiards. Here are some key ideas for anyone interested in being involved with Juniors:

1. VENUES FOR PLAY MUST BE DEVELOPED THAT DO NOT INVOLVE BOOZE, SMOKE, AND GAMBLING.

2. A good portable table must be developed that can be easily stored but provides a stable and level playing surface.

3. Serious action has to be taken to make pool an NCAA sport.

4. A useable curriculum has to be developed that is tied to state math and science objectives.

5. Sanctioning bodies and instructors have to be willing to approach churches about billiards programs.

6. Rich billiards enthusiast ready to splash a ton of money on a one and done tournament need to consider supporting junior programs.

billiarded

BEF
Silver Member
Hello all this is Marcus Norwood aka forcefollow. I have a junior program in Pasadena ISD in Pasadena Texas that is in its fourth year of existence. The grant that underpins the program runs out at the end of this year so it will be in limbo somewhat. I really don't know what I am going to do next year. Over the years I have put serious thought in to Junior Billiards. Here are some key ideas for anyone interested in being involved with Juniors:

1. VENUES FOR PLAY MUST BE DEVELOPED THAT DO NOT INVOLVE BOOZE, SMOKE, AND GAMBLING.

2. A good portable table must be developed that can be easily stored but provides a stable and level playing surface.

3. Serious action has to be taken to make pool an NCAA sport.

4. A useable curriculum has to be developed that is tied to state math and science objectives.

5. Sanctioning bodies and instructors have to be willing to approach churches about billiards programs.

6. Rich billiards enthusiast ready to splash a ton of money on a one and done tournament need to consider supporting junior programs.

Ahhh... In a perfect world...

Anyone interested in #6 can see me and I'll be HAPPY to assist with a generous tax-deductible contribution. :)

In the meantime, thank for all that you're doing for pool, Marcus!

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Ahhh... In a perfect world...

Anyone interested in #6 can see me and I'll be HAPPY to assist with a generous tax-deductible contribution. :)

In the meantime, thank for all that you're doing for pool, Marcus!

Maybe not a perfect world, just one that includes this game moving forward. All else points to the game going the way of Bocce ball.:(