The Color of Money (film 1986)

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the first time I sat and watched from beginning to end.

Special Anniversary Edition 1080p Blue Ray Wide Screen 1986 "The Color of Money".

Had a real good look at the cues, story unfolded with fascinating depth and reality.

I was spellbound , couldn't leave the room , glued to the screen, had no idea the movie was That Good.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You think that’s good. Wait until you see the 2007 classic, Virgin Pockets. It puts Scorcese to shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Odd thing about The Color of Money movie: It's the sequel to The Hustler movie, which is based on a novel by Walter Tevis, and the movie is very close to the book. Tevis also wrote a book sequel to The Hustler. The title of that book is "The Color of Money", but The Color of Money movie is not based on the novel. It's a completely different story, but same title.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For comparison, Color of Money is 9-ball. The Hustler is 14.1. It’s not just the games played in those movies respectively (it is). It’s a metaphore for each movie’s pacing. The Hustler requires some patience at certain points but if you have it you get to appreciate subtle nuances and beauty unique to that style of storytelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I heard that Newman didn't like the book version and had them rewrite the scrpt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Photo.jpg

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Different movies, different eras. Both did some really good things for the game of pool.

I liked them both!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two heavyweight actors who brought their character to life. I wonder how many kids lost money at the local pool hall thinking they were Vincent.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I love them both and often watch them on long flights. I consider them very different movies with Eddie's inner struggle being the only common thread. I feel very lucky to have had Newman play the same character 25 years later in life.

Both films were critically acclaimed and had several Oscar nominations and a few wins.

-don