Pearland Texas Members.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Occasionally I post a thread like this to see if any current members are in my neighborhood. I would like to have a regular sparring partner but I find it hard to find a regular game without it involving gambling. I don't have any issues with gambling I just don't base my involvement in the game around it.

I have met some cool people via the forum but they usually live an hour or more away which makes it difficult to play regularly.

So if you live in Pearland PM me.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Marcus...I sure loved visiting your home and having dinner with your family! Wanted to give you the heads up that I will be back in Houston next week (week of 2/20), and would love to come visit your school kids again, if you'd like me to.

On topic, anyone anywhere near Pearland will find great equipment to play on, and a very amiable opponent in Marcus! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
were do you play at? i love playing one pocket and only get to play twice a month....allways looking to play for the love of the game not the cash..

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
were do you play at? i love playing one pocket and only get to play twice a month....allways looking to play for the love of the game not the cash..
I mostly play at home. I have a GC II. I was playing at Deep Pockets mostly during the summer, but its shut down now. Sometimes I meet up with friends on Wednesday nights at Fast Eddies Fuqua.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
I mostly play at home. I have a GC II. I was playing at Deep Pockets mostly during the summer, but its shut down now. Sometimes I meet up with friends on Wednesday nights at Fast Eddies Fuqua.

i play on wed at fast eddies also....weird we havent run into each other...

RBC

Deceased
I grew up in Pearland!

I was there last week for a day visiting Jerry Olivier. Boy has that town changed.

I can't get together to play any, as I live in Dallas now, but if you know Jerry, he likes to play one pocket from time to time. We played a game or 2 when I was there.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
I grew up in Pearland!

I was there last week for a day visiting Jerry Olivier. Boy has that town changed.

I can't get together to play any, as I live in Dallas now, but if you know Jerry, he likes to play one pocket from time to time. We played a game or 2 when I was there.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com
I live less than ten minutes from Jerry's place. I have played a few rounds of 1 hole with him.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I live in Clear Lake but I'm not much of a good practice partner cause I like to drink, miss shots, and bet a little bit.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Since posting this thread I am happy to report that I have met two forum members and we have began to play on a regular basis. This has really gotten me back in to practicing more often. Both of these members happen to be pretty sporty players.

If I could attract some more players I am thinking of putting together a Southeast Houston ladder. Originally I was thinking of building a website to handle the ladder now I am thinking of just creating a Facebook page.

If anyone else is interested in getting together at Legends or Fast Eddies Fuqua pm me.

Cheers,
Marcus

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need to get out more. I live about 1/2 mile from Legends in League City. Pearland and FE Fuqua are almost next door.

I like to play without monetary incentive too.

When's the next AZB meet and greet?

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
I need to get out more. I live about 1/2 mile from Legends in League City. Pearland and FE Fuqua are almost next door.

I like to play without monetary incentive too.

When's the next AZB meet and greet?
Wednesdays at Fast Eddies or Legends on Saturday around opening is the best times for me. Me and a couple of guys have been playing at my house, but for initial introductions a public place is usually more comfortable.

pm sent...

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Just finished playing pool with texaspoolnut. I have been seeing his post for years, but never met in person. We had a good time playing 14.1, 8 ball and 10 ball and trading stories.

Later today I am going to start a facebook page about the up and coming Houston Billiards Ladder. Rather than trying to advertise for a ladder I am going to take a networking approach where I meet people and build it threw word of mouth. Over time I think the ladder will grow.

So if anyone would like to get together and play at Fast Eddies, Legends and/or my residence pm me.

Shoot straight with angles,
Marcus

gfishman

New member in Pearland saying hello

Hello,

I just joined this site and saw some folks from Pearland looking to get together from time to time. I live on the east side and have an 8 ft Brunswick. Not a pro but I love to play and practice.

I am also captain of an APA team at Fast Eddies that plays on Monday nights and am in need of a couple of players. If anyone is interested, please contact me back. I can be reached at (832) 577-1158 and prefer texting.

Thanks,

George

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gfishman...Definitely get ahold of Marcus (mnorwood). You will have a new friend, have someone to play with, and quite possibly learn some things you don't know, about pool! You can use the PM function to contact him directly here.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Hello,

I just joined this site and saw some folks from Pearland looking to get together from time to time. I live on the east side and have an 8 ft Brunswick. Not a pro but I love to play and practice.

I am also captain of an APA team at Fast Eddies that plays on Monday nights and am in need of a couple of players. If anyone is interested, please contact me back. I can be reached at (832) 577-1158 and prefer texting.

Thanks,

George