Revo shaft tips

Hugh Jass

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have a Revo shaft, was thinking about replacing the tip, have heard since it is a stiff shaft that most are switching to a soft or a super soft tip, what have people used? any info would be appreciated

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the Victory S it comes with but did but Victory M's to try out next go round.......

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was a strictly Victory medium tip user prior to switching to the Revo shafts (Z shafts) and now I use the soft Victory tip exclusively. I do my own tip changes and have a box full of different brand tips and, after using untold numbers of tips I'm happy with the soft Victory, coincidentally the very one that comes with the Revo shaft.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Have a Revo shaft, was thinking about replacing the tip, have heard since it is a stiff shaft that most are switching to a soft or a super soft tip, what have people used? any info would be appreciated

Scott Lees was highcentered somehow like it lost the glue on both sides of center, so I installed a pressed triangle and he liked it....mutual friend tried it out then wanted one on his cog lol.

End of day it’s completely a personal choice....some folks love a super firm hit some don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I currently have a Triangle on the 12.4. It hits as good as any tip out there. I have a soft Victory on hand but hesitating to use it for now as there is nothing negative with the Triangle

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I currently have a Triangle on the 12.4. It hits as good as any tip out there. I have a soft Victory on hand but hesitating to use it for now as there is nothing negative with the Triangle

I told Scott when I installed it about year and half ago

“Now you got a space age shaft with that analogue touch!” Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love a stiff hit.

To me, the revos stiffness is magnified with a hard tip. It turns a stiff hit into a very stiff hit. I love it.

If you like a softer hit and don't break with it........you should be happy with a soft tip.

If you like a harder hit/feeling cue then you will be happier with a harder (medium hard to hard) tip.

Also, if you like breaking and playing with the same cue....well.....the hardest tip you can play with (not a break tip) will serve you well.

Fyi, a lot of people don't like hard playing tips. Most of them would love a harder tip if they had a stroke that allowed it.

All of the above is just my opinion based on what I like.

Rake

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I told Scott when I installed it about year and half ago

“Now you got a space age shaft with that analogue touch!” Lol

yep...an $.85 on a REVO...however it works for me. It's not being tight or economizing. I needed a tip in hurry and had a Triangle. It's on and it's as good as the shooter.

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
yep...an $.85 on a REVO...however it works for me. It's not being tight or economizing. It needed a tip in hurry and had a Triangle. It's on and it's as good as the shooter.

It’s my favorite tip all time....still on most of my cues