Help with cheap cue

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, I was going to buy a good stick months ago but had serious health issues and never got to do it. I might still do that but for now, I broke my el cheapo stick and need something decent. Was thinking of Lucky brand, don't know much but they're cheap...

http://www.mcdermottcue.com/shop/sc...baf8&sbid=SSMSB1554249222.393889&redirect=yes

I like a narrow tip. Thinking 12? Have no idea what type of tip to get in that list. I tend to favor heavier stick, thinking 20 or 20.5. Do you think those mods are too rad lol? I really don't know much. I could live with standard weight I suppose, I dunno. It won't break me if it's wrong. Still can buy good one later. Always need another stick for friends to use.

I got a 4x8 standard table.

EDIT: Thanks for feedback. Will have it all if I need it! I bought a Pure HXT15 skinny at a good price. Pleasing to the eye, hope I like it!

Last edited:

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Suggest a Pure X HXT4 or HXT15 skinny shaft option (11.75mm). Can specify the weight.

livemusic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Suggest a Pure X HXT4 or HXT15 skinny shaft option (11.75mm). Can specify the weight.

I love the looks of that HXT15. If I were to get that, it looks like the skinny shaft is another $120 or so, which means I would go from a $100 Lucky to your suggestion at close to $300 lol.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the looks of that HXT15. If I were to get that, it looks like the skinny shaft is another $120 or so, which means I would go from a $100 Lucky to your suggestion at close to $300 lol.
Don't think the skinny is any more. I'd contact Seyberts and double-check.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, I was going to buy a good stick months ago but had serious health issues and never got to do it. I might still do that but for now, I broke my el cheapo stick and need something decent. Was thinking of Lucky brand, don't know much but they're cheap...

http://www.mcdermottcue.com/shop/sc...baf8&sbid=SSMSB1554249222.393889&redirect=yes

I like a narrow tip. Thinking 12? Have no idea what type of tip to get in that list. I tend to favor heavier stick, thinking 20 or 20.5. Do you think those mods are too rad lol? I really don't know much. I could live with standard weight I suppose, I dunno. It won't break me if it's wrong. Still can buy good one later. Always need another stick for friends to use.

I got a 4x8 standard table.

Pretty much any and ALL cues in that price range are gonna be so similar, I doubt your gonna know one from the other with your eyes closed.

Go to "most any online seller", put your price range in the filter/sort function and make your decision.

Your biggest issue is not gonna be the stick.....lol.... its gonna be the tip if you dont go with "whatever" tip is offered and want it changed to "x" brand because most tip upgrades are gonna set you back ~$20 or so.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I would strongly suggest that you go to schmelkecue.com and have a look at their cheaper cues in the under 200 range No Frills made in USA excellent quality they've been at it for over 70 years and our great people to deal with