Tyler showing true class

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Oscar and Tyler are racing to 8 and the score is 4-4. Oscar had a touchy shot from the 8 to the 9 ball and came up short and on the 50 yard line. There was a spectator being loud on his phone and was disrupting Oscar. Oscar finally got up and approached the guy to let him know he was being distracting. Only to come back to the table to have Tyler give him the 9 ball because of the mental disruption.

Way to go Tyler!! This is the type of sportsmanship that is lacking in pool today. I understand with prize money being too low and "having" to win but to me having respect for your opponent is worth so much more.

Respect young man.... Respect!!

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Oscar and Tyler are racing to 8 and the score is 4-4. Oscar had a touchy shot from the 8 to the 9 ball and came up short and on the 50 yard line. There was a spectator being loud on his phone and was disrupting Oscar. Oscar finally got up and approached the guy to let him know he was being distracting. Only to come back to the table to have Tyler give him the 9 ball because of the mental disruption.

Way to go Tyler!! This is the type of sportsmanship that is lacking in pool today. I understand with prize money being too low and "having" to win but to me having respect for your opponent is worth so much more.

Respect young man.... Respect!!

I also picked up on that, nice gesture.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A very cool thing to do. Does having a backer matter in instances like this?

Last edited:

Island Drive

Silver Member

You can always toss in other variables....like what if the score was hill/hill?

This is just a thread that complimented him on his actions in that moment.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not in my opinion. If you back a player you know their character and accept all that comes with it. Don't back a class act unless you are ok with how he handles himself, period. Nice move by Tyler.

Ian

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can always toss in other variables....like what if the score was hill/hill?

This is just a thread that complimented him on his actions in that moment.
Assuming this is Tyler Styer this thread is referring to, he and Oscar used to be roommates, so there is a friendship and level of respect between the two that makes this no real surprise, although still a nice gesture.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
This is why I dont post on here anymore. Nobody said anything about a backer. This was in a tournament situation where Im sure he put himself into. Its like everyone on here is all about gambling or the hustle. It seems no one can do a gentlemen gesture without being questioned!!

Anyways great job again Tyler for being a good sport and not letting outside interference effect the outcome of your match. To add to this Tyler lost 8-4 adn shook Oscar's hand like a gentlemen. Kudos to both players!!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The backer question was probably not meant to be critical
Just quizacle

If I am being staked, which has never happened, I would act the same way as I would if I were
playing on my own.

which probably explains why I have never been staked

Good sportsmanship,very good

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
why would you give him the game. oscar had every opportunity to stop the guy before he shot. his mistake. and when you play an opponent you win partly because he makes more mistakes than you in the game..
he may very well be classy but giving up the game is foolish.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is why I dont post on here anymore. Nobody said anything about a backer. This was in a tournament situation where Im sure he put himself into. Its like everyone on here is all about gambling or the hustle. It seems no one can do a gentlemen gesture without being questioned!!

Anyways great job again Tyler for being a good sport and not letting outside interference effect the outcome of your match. To add to this Tyler lost 8-4 adn shook Oscar's hand like a gentlemen. Kudos to both players!!

Maybe you struggle because your reading comprehension isn't so good. I didn't question HIM, just a hypothetical situation. This is a public forum, if you don't like it, tough.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
why would you give him the game. oscar had every opportunity to stop the guy before he shot. his mistake. and when you play an opponent you win partly because he makes more mistakes than you in the game..

Well thats just your opinion just like its his choice to give up the 9 ball. Im sure if they were playing for Mosconi cup points or a prize fund of $40000 it may have been a different story.

Last edited:

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What if Oscar knew Tyler was that sporting so he planted a guy in the crowd to 'distract him' when he had a testy shot...

Kidding! Tyler is awesome. Well played!

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Oscar did go over and ask the guy to stop. When he came back Tyler gave him the 9 ball. It was a 9 ball that Oscar could probably make 100 times in a row. After Tyler gave it to him Oscar put it back where it was and shot it in.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Oscar won this match

Tyler is a class act for sure!!

As this thread played out, the ''other'' guys showed up with a ton of ''what ifs''. Seems difficult for many nowadaZe today to accept what they saw and move on.

I too was wondering why Oscar got up off the shot quite a few times, went off camera and came back.

Let it be.