2013 Ed Prewitt Longsplice Landscape Cocobolo Cue

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's an excellent example of what Ed Prewitt was doing about 5 years ago. This is an Ed Prewitt's fullsplice (longsplice) cue that originally sold for 4k at that time. Would cost more than 4.5k today easily and white stuff no loner available. The complex shapes deco ringsets are unique. I've only seen them on one other EP cue. The inlays are paua shell with ebony borders. The points (both inside and outside) are dead nuts. The shafts have the original Moori tips and are from a tree reported to be 250-300 years old! They are laser straight as is the butt. Not many Ed Prewitt fullsplice cues have been made since that time. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Attachments

• EPfs1a.jpeg
    EPfs1a.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,075
  • EPfs1b.jpeg
    EPfs1b.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,076
  • EPfs1c.jpeg
    EPfs1c.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,084
  • EPfs1d.jpeg
    EPfs1d.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,071
  • EPfs1e.jpeg
    EPfs1e.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,053

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very beautiful I love wrap less cues and that ring work is different from what I've seen him do, very nice.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the first wrapless cue I'd love to call mine.........not a fan of wrapless but this cue is a gem.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesports View Post
I just gotta ask. What is landscape cocobolo??

Do an internet search. It will make sense.

That only made it more confusing.
Seems to be a marketing term among knifemakers and cuebuilders? Or possibly the really crooked gnarly grain logs because that yields great figure?<<<(seems to be what came up in general google search?)

Other than that, all searches lead back to AZB.

Help!?! :)

smt

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's an excellent example of what Ed Prewitt was doing about 5 years ago. This is an Ed Prewitt's fullsplice (longsplice) cue that originally sold for 4k at that time. Would cost more than 4.5k today easily and white stuff no loner available. The complex shapes deco ringsets are unique. I've only seen them on one other EP cue. The inlays are paua shell with ebony borders. The points (both inside and outside) are dead nuts. The shafts have the original Moori tips and are from a tree reported to be 250-300 years old! They are laser straight as is the butt. Not many Ed Prewitt fullsplice cues have been made since that time. Hope you enjoy the photos.

That is wrapless perfection Martin. Thank you for posting the photos. :cool:
Joe P

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue!

That only made it more confusing.
Seems to be a marketing term among knifemakers and cuebuilders? Or possibly the really crooked gnarly grain logs because that yields great figure?<<<(seems to be what came up in general google search?)

Other than that, all searches lead back to AZB.

Help!?! :)

smt

It is a figure used to describe the figure. ;)