What happened to Stans CTE Book and New Video?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay my man, I will tell you how it is.
I have spent the last 4 days at Stan Shuffett's studio and I will tell you right now, in 65 years of being around human beings, I have never met a more delightful and personable host and hostess as he and his wife. He will go all out for as long as you ask, in order to coach you into learning the real true way to use your eyes in shooting pool. You are right about missing a few minor points...I was too.
I did extensive training right there in his training facility on a big 10 foot Diamond table. He is an exacting taskmaster, but you will come away from there KNOWING that you know WHY the CTE system works. You will then have to put in some sweat equity on what you've learned.
I have physically held in my hands the master copy of his book....which I'd guess weighs about 5 pounds. I can guarantee there is no "fluff" in there about how to select a pool cue, how to stand, or any absurdity like one teacher had the gall to put on the back cover his of own book....Learn This and Never Miss a Shot Again. Yes, that's what that writer said..."Never Miss A Shot Again". What an arrogant lie. Everyone is going to miss shots occasionally...no matter what method they use. "Never Miss A Shot Again", indeed.:(
As to what information is coming in Stan's book....I will not tell you. When the time comes, buy it, and find out. Too many jerks out there (I am NOT saying you are one) do not deserve to know what is in that master volume of work...they've made their own bed, let 'em lay in it. Time for them to pay the price.
As to the Truth Series, it has been filmed and is ready to go. I will not tell you what it contains either. But, you will get the opportunity to decide for yourself when you get into the Truth Series whether or not you want to buy the book.
Remember.....at first CTE is odd and you will be forced to change the way you use your eyes or you will fail. Nope! I will not tell you how to do that either, but I know how now.
YOU too can learn
Whether you believe me or not does not matter one bit....the truth is marching on.
I myself was awestruck by this upcoming contribution to the game of pool
When will it be available, you ask???? Nope! I won't tell you that either.
To quote Martin Luther King......"I have been to the mountaintop and I am free at last. Thank God Almighty I am free at last".

Great experience. I'm going to plan a trip back to see Stan soon

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It just means you are a classic troll that's all.
:)......observing the unwashed masses flounder in ignorance just makes my day.
You know, CookieMan.....looking at these people from a philosophical approach the diagnosis is that the disease of ignorance, as a temporary condition, is curable. However, for them to literally CHOOSE it as a way of life is madness, in my view.
Keep on punchin' my friend. :thumbup2:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
..... one teacher had the gall to put on the back cover his of own book....Learn This and Never Miss a Shot Again. Yes, that's what that writer said..."Never Miss A Shot Again". What an arrogant lie. Everyone is going to miss shots occasionally...no matter what method they use. "Never Miss A Shot Again", indeed.:(

Here it is so people can actual see what it really says. I happen to believe that if you "Master the art of aiming" you can certainly reach a level of play where you "never miss another ball". That's not a lie, it's a belief. Reaching a high level of play requires such a belief. Sure, even the greatest pro pool players miss a shot occasionally, though very rarely. I'm not talking about low percentage shots, but standard shots that they have 100% confidence in pocketing. The reason they can pocket 99.999% of these shots is because they believe they can, a belief that was backed up through thousands of hours of quality practice and experience. You can never master anything if you don't set a goal and then proceed with the belief that you can achieve that goal.

picture.php

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
" like one teacher had the gall to put on the back cover his of own book....Learn This and Never Miss a Shot Again. Yes, that's what that writer said..."Never Miss A Shot Again". What an arrogant lie. Everyone is going to miss shots occasionally...no matter what method they use. "Never Miss A Shot Again", indeed." - The Stutterer

Kinda looks like you may be the arrogant liar! Bad Boy!!!!

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lie and an intentional one to mislead people

Any teacher/writer who ballyhoos this on his published work is an arrogant liar or a complete fool or maybe both.
Doesn't matter WHAT the system is for aiming.....everybody is going to miss balls. (or you can call it "miss shots"...same damn thing)
Aiming Lie.JPG

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Well then, anyone that states they will publish the end all book on CTE and doesn’t is a lair also.

It least BC21 had the balls to put is idea in print.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Here it is so people can actual see what it really says. I happen to believe that if you "Master the art of aiming" you can certainly reach a level of play where you "never miss another ball". That's not a lie, it's a belief. Reaching a high level of play requires such a belief. Sure, even the greatest pro pool players miss a shot occasionally, though very rarely. I'm not talking about low percentage shots, but standard shots that they have 100% confidence in pocketing. The reason they can pocket 99.999% of these shots is because they believe they can, a belief that was backed up through thousands of hours of quality practice and experience. You can never master anything if you don't set a goal and then proceed with the belief that you can achieve that goal.

picture.php
I respect you and your system, but whether or not you meant this literally, that's how it reads - and that's demonstrably false.

Let those who don't understand what's possible mislead the idiots - you don't need to. Your system is demonstrably true and effective, and that's all the hyperbole you need.

pj
chgo

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Any teacher/writer who ballyhoos this on his published work is an arrogant liar or a complete fool or maybe both.
Doesn't matter WHAT the system is for aiming.....everybody is going to miss balls. (or you can call it "miss shots"...same damn thing)
View attachment 530818

Sorry, this coming from someone who says the system he uses takes care of deflection and CIT.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

picture.php
The better question is, does the book weigh close to 5 lbs ?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just curious as to what this massive thing is going to cost and how, at the advertised size, the average player is supposed to digest it all and successfully take it to the table and execute.

Lou Figueroa

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I respect you and your system, but whether or not you meant this literally, that's how it reads - and that's demonstrably false.

Let those who don't understand what's possible mislead the idiots - you don't need to. Your system is demonstrably true and effective, and that's all the hyperbole you need.

pj
chgo

So you don't believe the brain is capable of mastering the task of pocketing pool balls? There is absolutely nothing misleading with my statement, "Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball." Most pro players will admit that they haven't mastered the game, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. They just haven't been able to it. And for those who believe it isn't possible, well, they will never be able to do it.

I know there are more elements of the game to master than just pocketing balls. Becoming a champion player requires multilevel mastering. But any player that masters aiming, meaning they can look at the cb-ob relationship and immediately know exactly where the cb needs to be in order to pocket the ob, and know they have the skill to deliver the cb to that location with consistent precision, they will likely never miss an open shot again, unless it's a shot that they don't know or aren't confident about shooting.

One can reach a mastery level of aiming within certain boundaries, like mastering straight in shots, or mastering every cut shot from straight in to a 60° cut. Once this is mastered, the player can begin working on mastering thinner cuts. By understanding your limitations, your current level of mastery, and pushing the limits to reach higher levels of mastery, you will find yourself missing fewer and fewer shots. This is the power of learning, of programming/developing your brain for excellence. But it will never be successful for those who don't believe they can reach excellence, because these people are of the "fixed" mindset. They believe they can only get so good and that's it because no one has mastered it. But there is no limit. Those with open mindsets and dedication to quality practice can become masters. They master musical instruments, chess, tennis, golf, pool, etc... and others say stupid things like, "They were born to do what they do."

The road to mediocre is quite easy -- just tell yourself the lie that mastering anything is impossible. Millions do it every day while a hardworking few go on to dispel the lie and become worldclass athletes or musicians or whatever.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
“Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball” is totally misleading. It is one of those statements you hear on shopping networks.

You can master aiming, but suck at execution.

You can hit the pocket with the right aiming but too much OB speed and it rattles out.

You can miscue......but aim perfectly.

You can misjudge spin effect......but aim perfectly.

That statement is nothing more than a marketing statement made to entice someone to buy it.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
“Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball” is totally misleading. It is one of those statements you hear on shopping networks.

You can hit the pocket with the right aiming but too much OB speed and it rattles out.

That statement is nothing more than a marketing statement made to entice someone to buy it.

Maybe it's time for all you gurus out there to submit your definition of "aiming."

Oh, don't bother, none will be as close to the truth as Brian's.

C'mon, Duckie, you know damn good and well that execution is part of aiming. And that's just part of it. If you miscue, you weren't aiming correctly. But wait, there's more.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aiming doesn't take place in a freakin' VACUUM. The second you pocket a ball, you're already preparing for the next shot. That's aiming. The second the cue ball stops rolling, you're aiming. It doesn't matter where you are, you're aiming. Either that or you head is buried in some bigtitchix blouse, in which case you shouldn't be playing pool at all. Everything we do MUST be designed to make the next 9(or more)balls go in the hole. Aiming is not separable. It is not divisible. It's the whole goddam dance. Jeez.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

If you "suck at execution", or "misjudge spin effect", or "miscue", then you surely haven't mastered the art of aiming. Mastering any art involves mastering every element that comprises that art. A grand master chess player doesn't master the game of chess without mastering every piece in every possible position. A worldclass master violinist doesn't master the violin until every motion of the arms, fingers, and bow is mastered, and the feel of the chin rest, the strings and the fingerboard is mastered. Only then can they play at a master level.

Pool should be no different. Treated like an art, aiming is comprised of more elements than simply knowing where the cb needs to be. Mastering aiming involves mastering mental focus, spin, throw, squirt, speed, feel, cb hit, etc...

You believe it's impossible to master these things. I disagree. The potential of human capability when it comes to developing talent and skill is quite amazing. Athletes today compete at levels thought impossible a few decades ago. There have been great advancements in the understanding of how we learn complicated skills, and how those skills become ingrained/automatic after enough quality practice/experience.

There are pro pool players who rarely miss shots. I'm talking about missing 1 open shot for every hundred or so. I'd call that a mastery level of pocketing balls.

Anyway, most people aren't as stupid as you think. I mean, "Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball" is a real possibility for those who set that as a goal, and it doesn't mean the same to you as it does to me or perhaps to someone else. Most players would love to play for several hours without missing any shots. This is quite possible in competition if you know your current limitations and play within the realm of shots you've already mastered, never shooting a shot you aren't 100% confident with. Shoot the shots you know, the shots you've learned, and practice what you want to learn.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Aiming doesn't take place in a freakin' VACUUM. The second you pocket a ball, you're already preparing for the next shot. That's aiming. The second the cue ball stops rolling, you're aiming. It doesn't matter where you are, you're aiming. Either that or you head is buried in some bigtitchix blouse, in which case you shouldn't be playing pool at all. Everything we do MUST be designed to make the next 9(or more)balls go in the hole. Aiming is not separable. It is not divisible. It's the whole goddam dance. Jeez.

I agree!! And if you string 4 racks together, then you played without missing a ball. If you can do it once, you can do it all the time. It's all about mastering every move in the dance.