JB Case too deep

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What cases you guys got that you have to do all this tweaking?

I bought this puppy a few years ago, got rid of some nicer cases, couldn't be happier, been waiting for them to be back in stock, just ordered a couple more.
50 bucks, free shipping, no need to add marbles or wood dowels(at least on the one I previously got).

AE78_1_201910221650968871.jpg

https://www.newegg.com/p/01M-052Z-00063

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
jb cases suck. All this cushioning and dwpth for what? You plan on tumbling down a mountain? You need a pair of pliers to pull your shit out. Its annoying

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jb cases suck. All this cushioning and dwpth for what? You plan on tumbling down a mountain? You need a pair of pliers to pull your shit out. Its annoying

You are 1000000000% right!!!!!

Who the fook needs to protect their goddamn cues. Stupid motherfuggers enjoying their cues not being all dinged up and shit.

Use a rubber band like a real man you fookin poossies.

:duck:

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
You are 1000000000% right!!!!!

Who the fook needs to protect their goddamn cues. Stupid motherfuggers enjoying their cues not being all dinged up and shit.

Use a rubber band like a real man you fookin poossies.

:duck:

Cues dont het dinged up in cases shitforbrains. Prove me how a cue is capable of getting dinged up in a cushioned cylinder that runs the length of the cue? Im waiting. Moron. And then find me somone that would cause so much bouncing around in said case to cause an issue. Long distance runners? Military personeel on a mission? Yo7 got sold by a salesman.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
***UPDATE***
Problem solved. Easy fix.
I knew the interior was supposed to come out so after starting this thread I fiddled around and got the interior out. There's a small piece of Velcro that was holding it in at the very bottom plus it's a good, solid tight fit at the top too.
When I had it out I neatly folded the bottom over then held it with a large, 2"wide office clip, taking the wire like "handles" off the clip leaving only the black part attached.
This made it perfect with or without JP's.
I took the innards out and back in 2 or 3 times no problem, all is tight.
These cases are great, I just had to do a very little bit of tweaking.
Thanks for all the replies.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
How about we ease up on the "moron" talk?

Mike

Cues dont het dinged up in cases shitforbrains. Prove me how a cue is capable of getting dinged up in a cushioned cylinder that runs the length of the cue? Im waiting. Moron. And then find me somone that would cause so much bouncing around in said case to cause an issue. Long distance runners? Military personeel on a mission? Yo7 got sold by a salesman.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, thats the purpose of the case. You missed the irony apparently.

Shitforbrains and moron fit someone in this interaction, but pretty fookin sure it isnt me genius.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Yes, thats the purpose of the case. You missed the irony apparently.

Shitforbrains and moron fit someone in this interaction, but pretty fookin sure it isnt me genius.

they all have cushioned cylinders, CLOWN!!!! not talking about the excessive padding of JB Cases. learn to read. genius

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Backer rod from Home Depot, or I can send you some of these from my cases.

I also use this backer rod from Home Depot to put down in the bottom of my JB rugged case so the shaft doesn’t sit too low. This is a rubberized, soft material that works great and will not damage a shaft. Also very inexpensive.
The case is designed to fit either a 29” or 30” shaft. I have one of each - the 30” sits at just the right height, while the 29”sits a little low, so I drop a short piece of the backer rod (again-it is soft material) down in the tube.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I didn't order from them to go through any of these solutions. Has anyone received a Rugged that came without this problem? At this point I am calling them tomorrow and questioning them & if not satisfied I am cancelling and calling my credit card company.

It is not a lot of money but I got it having & running a company that didn't allow BS like this to happen to any of my customers!

What is wrong with you? Please cancel your order- JB doesnt need the aggravation of dealing with somebody like YOU.

Everybody that has a JB case loves it and has no complaints - no idea what your problem is especially since you dont even own one.

There is one person that doesnt seem very bright posting crap about the cases that provide the best protection available, but there's always one

Last edited:

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is wrong with you? Please cancel your order- JB doesnt need the aggravation of dealing with somebody like YOU.

Everybody that has a JB case loves it and has no complaints - no idea what your problem is especially since you dont even own one.

There is one person that doesnt seem very bright posting crap about the cases that provide the best protection available, but there's always one

Seems this thread was started by someone who didn't love what he got.

I have several cases and decided to get a Rugged because of the good things I read about them. I don't buy something new and expect to have to go to a hardware store to have to buy something to make the item function like advertised. I'll simply get in contact with them and tell them that I want that I want the case made for my size of shaft. It is a custom case and I wasn't aware of this potential problem. As I mentioned in my previous post the person at JB I talked with was pleasant and professional. Very different from you.

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have stuffed paper towel in mine. Those things from Steppo look good. I wouldn't use anything hard like a dowel.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
WAIT....WAIT
I've got a FIX!!

K O T E X - it's just a tube of cotton.
Measure how much space you need to subtract, cut the cotton cylinder with a scissor, push it to the bottom of case.

Better than wood dowels, better than automotive fuel line, and it's sexy.
Girls at the poolroom will gather to talk about it.
you'll be FAMOUS :grin-square:

As much as I like the cleverness of this suggestion you can't do this to your cue

Pool is such a psychological game if you were to have a bad day at the table just think where your mind would go to assign blame. :grin-square: