Rep

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can leave a good rep, but for some reason on my phone, it wont allow me to leave a note.

Same here.

Same, but if you are using the crome browser on your phone, instead of just pressing the rep button, hold it down for a couple seconds and a menu pops up, then click "open in new tab" and the rep screen opens in a new tab and you can type your message.
Works on androids not sure about Iphone.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah, but the red rep runs were fun!

I still hit the green rep button pretty frequently, when I see something I particularly like or am amused by. It beats quoting the post in order to simply say "LOL". Which I might still do occasionally, but I try to use green rep first.

I think I've only used red rep once or twice in the whole time I've been here. Doesn't work within the system like it should ( red value vs green value, which has been beaten to death here previously) so I don't bother. If it annoys me enough to red rep it, I'll just take it up in the thread itself.

Remember when somebody would be a real jerk and get bombed into red rep hell? Gotta admit it was fun to get a PM, check this post out and if you agree they deserve it, red rep!

Never long before green turned to red back then! Although red rep was only worth half as many points as green we generally had a lot more points than somebody fixing to get the ban hammer anyway. It was a way to let people know that a lot of people disagreed with and were offended by their post.

Good fun and makes me remember good people. Some gone, some only here in the hall of fame.

Hu

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Look guys, I know that times are tough and we've all hit max, but if someone says something helpful, funny, moving or even disgustingly pathetic, giving good rep is FREE. It's a thank you for a chuckle or something helpful. Push the button and say something nice. Dole it out, Baby!

I already gave you some but it's a great idea.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Same, but if you are using the crome browser on your phone, instead of just pressing the rep button, hold it down for a couple seconds and a menu pops up, then click "open in new tab" and the rep screen opens in a new tab and you can type your message.

Thanks. Best I can do for now.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
There used be the prestigious front page for rep.
The "rep game" was all about getting onto the first page, and staying there.
Then everyone got max'd out and the fun was over.
The rep game was a big deal back in the day, especially before the Itrader system.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you. I think it worked.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Rep deez!

My bad. Don't know where that came from. Sorry I blew up. Not how green is earned.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
You've got more vCash than I have and I've never bet anything on anything.

You must have won some somehow.

Maniac (wishes he could turn his vCash into toilet paper)

By my eyes, it shows me with 1100 vcash, and you with 1700.... :p

(never win, which is the reason to not bet)

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
By my eyes, it shows me with 1100 vcash, and you with 1700.... :p

(never win, which is the reason to not bet)

My screen now shows 1700 vCash, but I swear before I typed my post the other day it was on 500. Weird.

I've never done anything to change my vCash from the original default amount.

Maybe I'm drawing interest? :thumbup: I need to go "all in" on something just to see if I can double my cash or go bust.

Maniac

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
membership has it's privileges!

My screen now shows 1700 vCash, but I swear before I typed my post the other day it was on 500. Weird.

I've never done anything to change my vCash from the original default amount.

Maybe I'm drawing interest? :thumbup: I need to go "all in" on something just to see if I can double my cash or go bust.

Maniac

I don't remember just how now but I think paid membership might have gotten V-Cash. I remember something boosted mine and I never got into virtual betting except at poker where five zillion and thirty three play dollars could be converted to a dollar fifty coupon for a small soda somewhere.

HU

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I don't remember just how now but I think paid membership might have gotten V-Cash. I remember something boosted mine and I never got into virtual betting except at poker where five zillion and thirty three play dollars could be converted to a dollar fifty coupon for a small soda somewhere.

HU

You must’ve done something, Hu.....I still got my original v500
I did win an AZ contest on a tournament and won an autographed set of balls...
...which I used as sixteen presents.

As for greenies, a lot of them I give out to new members if their posts are decent...
...kinda breaks the ice for them....that’s what you did for me, Hu....11 years ago.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
still do it!

You must’ve done something, Hu.....I still got my original v500
I did win an AZ contest on a tournament and won an autographed set of balls...
...which I used as sixteen presents.

As for greenies, a lot of them I give out to new members if their posts are decent...
...kinda breaks the ice for them....that’s what you did for me, Hu....11 years ago.

You have a long memory! If I see good posts by new members or even members with dozens of decent posts and no green bar I still light up the bar for them. It is intended exactly as you took it, "Welcome aboard, glad you are here!"

Must have worked, you are still here and still putting out great posts. I watch for them and read all I see. You set a high standard. I wish we had a couple dozen posters like you that would post regularly. We do have some great lurkers that could contribute a lot but they either never or rarely post. Saw Ray Martin posting a little a couple days ago. He may be more active on the 14.1 forum but he is rarely seen on the main forum. Not many left like him, the word Legend comes to mind!

Desperate times here! I had the good fortune to buy a seven foot bar table for the back porch. It ain't much but I can hit balls. Gonna maybe work my way through some great video's from Little Joe Villalpando, Cannonball Chapman has a strong video on youtube too. I need to go work in the yard but I was bored enough I played a real jerk some one pocket on that bar table this morning. I think I want a rematch! Might be fun to play my left hand against my right too, see how much spot I will need now and how much in a few weeks. I'm shooting behind my back a little with no witnesses, I haven't done that since fifty pounds ago!

Hope things are great your way! I'm sitting about as good as I can be, isolated on a farm.

Hu