no. 5

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Delighted that Breaking Away was rated so highly but appalled that White Men Can’t Jump wasn’t in the top 30. Absurd!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The Hustler used pool as a vehicle but the main story is one dark tale. Alcoholic losers and suicide. The last time i tried watching i a got part way thru and turned it off. I looked at it totally different than when i first saw it as just a pool flic. Great movie but i gotta be in the right mind.

Same here. "The Hustler" is not a movie about pool, but instead about life, compromise, despair, soul searching and soul selling. Pool is merely its vehicle. It's wide reach is why it is a better movie than "The Color of the Money," even though "The Color of Money" is the better pool movie and the one that is far easier to watch,

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Sports movies? I love The Hustler for showing pool as it was - more of a character flaw than a sport.

pj
chgo

than you didn't get the movie at all, it wasn't about pool, it could have just as easy have been set in a bowling alley, a chess club, I don't know, a fuching bocce court.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m a little disappointed that Tin Cup only got an honorable mention....
....but then again, I’m more of a golfer than a movie critic.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
than you didn't get the movie at all, it wasn't about pool, it could have just as easy have been set in a bowling alley, a chess club, I don't know, a fuching bocce court.
You don’t get my comment at all. The movie doesn’t have to be “about” pool to portray it as I described.

pj
chgo